𝟏

𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒 was my place. My home, with my people and my ocean and my everything. I grew up here, and I wanted my kids to grow up here, in fact, I wanted my kids kids to grow up here. Small town, everybody knows everybody and that's the way I like it. And I wanted it to stay that way.

My dad brought his house as a wedding gift for my mom, and they moved in the night of their honeymoon. And they've stayed here since then, with my brother and I too. Next door lived the Fishers. My mom tells me this story every time and it never gets old.

Mr and Misses Fisher moved in a few months before my parents did and my mom and Susannah instantly connected she'd say. They became best friends. That's where Conrad and Jeremiah come into play. We've known each other since the three of us were in diapers and Conrad was only learning his first words. Brian, my twin and Jeremiah were inseparable, but my eyes were always on Jere.

His summer blonde hair and his blue eyes always intrigued me when I was younger. And then, on my 6th birthday, I realised that it was love. I wanted him, but he never wanted me. He only saw me as Chrissy, baby Chrissy.

"Chrissy c'mon!" Demi screams as she's on her surfboard. I look back and see a huge wave coming. I prepare myself to stand once the wave hits and surf like the pro I was. Elle screams as she flunks and falls off her board. I laugh as Demi paddles over to me. "Shit, it's like one hundred degrees out here." She fans herself getting off her board.

I drag my board out and chuckle to myself, "Maybe because it is Demi." I respond. Demi flops down onto her beach towel, "I love summer though, I could never complain." She sighs as she leans back.

I place my board down on the sand to let it dry before I sit on my pink beach towel, "Cousins in the summertime is everything to me." I reply. Elle comes out of the water ringing the water out of her hair as she groans, "I hate surfing." She groans.
I laugh, "So why do you do it."
"It's kind of fun. But now I need to wash my hair again." She says sitting on her towel too.

I met Demi and Elle in daycare. I got slime stuck in my hair and they both came to the rescue. It didn't work out though as they only made it worse to the point I had to get the big chop. I had a bob for 3 years.

Demi was in a fling with Conrad Fisher. They're always eye fucking across the room or trying to stay in the DL but they just can't keep their hands off each other. I want something like that so bad, including with Jeremiah. But I've just sort of excepted my losses as everyone knows Jeremiah as the fuck boy.

It's sad, but I just look on the bright side. Plus, it's summertime and the boys who come down to cousins every summer to live in their beach houses are always really hot. So this year since I'm 16 I'm the new Chrissy. The bombshell Chrissy.

@𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐲.𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲 has posted

𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲 has posted

Liked by 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝

Liked by 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝.𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐞𝐦.𝐝𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧, and 𝟒𝟓𝟕 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬
chqrissy.iley - 🐚

comments

I walked into the kitchen through the back door. Brian is sitting in there eating dry cereal like always. He looks up from his phone, "Where have you been?" He asks me. I scoff as I gesture down to my bikini top and towel wrapped around my waist, "Take a good guess Bri." I replied.

"Take a good guess Bri. Shut up." He mimics my voice. I mimic him back before flipping him off, "Where's mum?" I ask going to the fridge. "Shopping, and dads at the club." He replies his mouth full of cereal. I grab the half-cut watermelon out of the fridge and place it down on a chopping board on the marble island.

I grab the knife and start cutting through it, but my ears prick up at the sound of the front door shutting. "Honey I'm home!" The familiar voice yells. Brian laughs as he turns around, "I'm in the kitchen." He yells back.

Jeremiah waltzes into the kitchen smiling proudly. He's grown up, the Adam's Apple bopping in his neck every time he talks, his body, and his face. But the one thing that has stayed the same since we were little is his blue eyes.

He turns to me after dapping Brian up, "What's up Chrissy." He says. "Nothing much, just cutting some watermelon," I say back. He smiled at me, I felt my stomach twist at his warm smile, "Can you cut me some?" He asks leaning over the counter to grab some slices I've already cut. If it was Brian I would have slapped his hand away and told him to make his watermelon, but it was Jere.

"Sure, how's your mom doing?" I ask him changing the subject quickly. "She's fine, actually," she paused swallowing the watermelon, "She's been asking about you." He tells me. I smile slightly, Susannah loved me. Said I was the daughter she never had. "Oh really? What did she say?" I ask him my tone happy.

"Something about a bracelet she wants to give you." He says. I beam, Susannah was always gifting me dresses and jewellery, just like my mom would do. I had heaps of jewellery because of it. "I'll come over!" I tell him, and he goes to say something else but Brian gets up. "Come on Jere let's go play pool." He says. I slightly frown as Jere's attention is quickly taken off me and now back onto Brian.

"Stupid Brian," I mutter under my breath as I eat the watermelon slices I cut.

__________

My mum comes home from the shops and calls my name as I'm chilling in my bedroom watching TikTok. "Chrissy! Come here!" She yells across the house. I groan a little as I flop off my bed, I walk across the hall and turn to my parent's room. My mom's in there and she's holding a pink dress, "You can wear this to the Deb brunch tomorrow!" She chortles. I smile as I grasp the dress, "Oh this is so cute," I say as I press it against myself.

I look into the mirror and smile, "Thanks Mom," I say. She smiled, "I knew you were nervous about all of this debutant stuff, so I brought you this dress to make you feel more calm." She tells me. I grin, and she kisses my cheek softly before walking into her closet.

This summer was my debut. Finally, I was old enough to be a debutante. But that meant fewer mid-day surfs and more brunches and debutante practices. I wasn't complaining that much though since I've been looking forward to this since I was younger. And my time was finally here.

The worst part though was trying to find an escort. All the girls were permitted to have a male escort and honestly, I had no luck. No boys seemed to be interested in me, and I hated it. How embarrassing would it be, to be the only girl with no escort? I would rather die.

That's why this summer it's my mission to find a cute guy, hopefully get my first kiss and.. make it to 4th base. I would have loved for all of those things to be done with Jeremiah, but that's just unrealistic. Plus, I'm done waiting for him to finally see me as Christina, and not baby Chrissy.

_________

𝟏𝟑𝟎𝟎 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 ✼
(Fourth base: losing v-card.)