Prolauge

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" at this point, the message was pretty clear, but I couldn't. Or, rather, wouldn't. I wouldn't leave him. Leaving is a choice. But so is loving. I love him. I wouldn't leave him behind. Not here. Not now. Not ever. "No." He clenched his jaw tight and put his hands into fists. "It wasn't a question, Mikko. Leave or I will drag you out of here myself!" He didn't see. Couldn't see. I distracted him. Good. I grabbed the side of his head and pulled his hair to bring him closer. I kissed him, small, quick and less than a second. Later, I would wish that it were different. Longer. More passionate. But, for now, it would have to make due. "I love you now. I can say it now, I love you." Whispered and rushed, I'll never know if he understood what I confessed at that moment. Not a milasecond had passed and I kicked his legs out from under him and shoved him as hard as I could with my good leg. An enraged cry was heared behind me; I could pay it no mind. I had a job to do. A pair of dark, haunted, angry eyes stared back at me. So much like my own. Yet so different. I hoped my eyes never looked so cold and hating to anyone else. Ever. "Saving your boyfriend? How heroic." The anglic voice mocked. How odd that the voice of the angels above comes out of such a horrible person? Goes to show I guess. For a moment I wondered what I looked like to them. Do I look like a child playing pretend? Or a woirror, fighting for the things beyond my control? Or perhaps a Madman, gone crazy from too many years of drugs and bourbon and sex? None of that really mattered though. Not really. Not with them here. My daughter. My fiancé. My best friend. My people. My kingdom. Mine. All of it. "Power is given to those who take it. Remember who taught me that?" I started back at them, cooking my head to the left in mockery as well. I am no better than my enemy. But I am stronger. And today, tomorrow, the next and every next after that, everyone will know MY name. MY daughter. MY fiancé. MY best friend. MY people. MY kingdom. They will remember ME. "Weather anyone likes it or not, only one side will get what they want. The other," I vaugly gestured towards them, just so they understand exactly who won't be getting what they want. "will surrender and compromise." I let that hang in the air, just for dramatic effect, "orrrrr......" I milked the word out. "They will die trying. Your choice." "Never." They spat at me. Oh well. Thats their problem. I sighed though, having to pretend not wanting to do this. "Good bye then" and ground exploded beneath us.