Mischievous Ashwath

Vennela:

I was completely taken aback and rooted to the spot.

"You won't listen to me. No problem. Why trouble you? I will do it myself," Ashwath declared, scooping me up and setting my luggage aside before carrying me to his room.

"Just stay calm, or else, being a doctor, I can do anything to this baby," he warned, placing a hand on my belly.

"I'll have some buttermilk. My head is pounding from the hangover," Ashwath muttered before leaving.

Is he insane? Did he escape from a mental hospital? His words last night were so different from his behavior now. More than this pregnancy, his behavior is what's truly mysterious.

After a while, Ashwath returned.

"So, my dear wife, tell me the truth."

"I don't know anything about this pregnancy," I replied, holding my head.

"Okay, we'll talk about that later. For now, tell me the truth about your calls to Vishwak. Come on, tell me. How do you know Vishwak and why did you call him? How do you know Darsh, the police officer, and Vishwak, the famous investigative journalist?"

I listened to Ashwath's words and felt a lump in my throat. How did he manage to find out everything?

"Vishwak? Who's that? I don't know," I said, trying to avoid Ashwath's anger.

"Really, baby? Then why did you call him twice and once even from my phone? Do you think I wouldn't find out the truth?" Ashwath said.

"Vennela, I'm asking you nicely. Tell me everything. If you don't, I know how to deal with you. Even though I don't want to hurt a pregnant woman, I might have to forget that for a while to teach you a lesson. Do you want me to do that?"

I remained silent. Ashwath grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen. He turned on the stove. Is he going to hurt me? He heated the steel spatula and I swallowed hard.

"Ashwath, what are you doing? Are you out of your mind?" I said.

"Today I will show you how crazy I can be, my dear wife," Ashwath said, holding my hand and the spatula close to my hand.

"Ashwath, I'll tell you the truth. Please stop," I said.

"First, tell me the truth."

"Vishwak is a friend from college. I called him to find out how I got pregnant without knowing. That's all," I said, only revealing part of the truth, and Ashwath put the spatula down.

"And Darsh?" Ashwath asked.

"He's a friend of the family," I said, hiding the truth.

"That's a lie, darling. I think I need to show you what I'm capable of to get you to confess."

Ashwath said and twisted my hand slightly.

"Vennela, you're pregnant. I don't want to hurt you too much. So tell me the truth or I'll have your baby aborted, and then I can do anything to you. Don't make a doctor into a murderer."

"Darsh is a friend from my work."

"What's your profession?"

"I'll tell you when the time is right. If you force me, you'll only hear a lie," I said and Ashwath let go of my hand.

"Fine, I'll find out. Since you didn't lie and are asking for time, I'll let you off the hook for now," Ashwath said.

"Once the baby is born, you'll see what real hell looks like, my dear wife. You have no idea what's in store for you," Ashwath warned me before picking up his phone to make a call.