The Culprit

Vennela:

I returned home with Yamini. Ashwath's eyes widened in shock and surprise as he saw his sister after a long time.

"Yamini?" Ashwath exclaimed, his voice trembling.

Tears streamed down their faces as Ashwath enveloped his sister in a warm hug.

"What happened to you? Where have you been all this time?" Ashwath asked, concern etched on his face.

Yamini recounted her harrowing experience, revealing the truth about her abduction and the culprit.

I nodded, my earlier suspicions confirmed.
"It's my fault, Yamini," Ashwath said, regret in his voice. "I was abroad for surgery and didn't know about your marriage. When you called Mom, she didn't inform me. I wasn't there for you when you needed me most."

Ashwath's eyes welled up with tears.

"Children make mistakes, but parents should never abandon them. Forgiveness and support are essential. But our parents didn't understand that."

I recalled Ashwath's question to me earlier: "What would you do if your children make mistakes?" Now, I grasped the depth of his emotions.

"Bhaiya, please stop blaming yourself. You're always there for me. Since you didn't know my situation, you couldn't have saved me. I know your love and concern for me," Yamini said reassuringly.

"Ashwath, I'll be back soon. If I don't return, you know what to do," I said resolutely.

"No, you're not going alone. I'll come with you," Ashwath insisted.

"No, Ashwath, stay here with our family. Yamini, Mom, Priya, and the baby need you more than I do. Take care of them," I urged.

"But Vennu, it's risky," Ashwath protested.

"I know, but I must do this," I replied firmly.
I visited Yukta.

"Madam, please come in.

"How are you, Yukta? Any progress in finding your child?"

Yukta's eyes welled up with tears as she gazed at her son's photo.

"No, madam. No progress at all. No one is willing to help me."

"Ashwath told me you were here, so I came to check on you."

"Yes, madam. Ashwath sir has been very kind. He provided protection and advised me to stay here until I find a job and settle."

"And what about the case?"

"It's been so long; everyone seems to have forgotten about it."

"But I haven't, and I couldn't," I said.

"Yukta, let's reopen the case."

"Are you scared, Yukta?" I asked, my voice firm.
Yukta's eyes widened in shock.

"I won't drop this case at any cost. It's my sister-in-law's case, and I'll see justice served," I declared.

"Sister-in-law?" Yukta repeated.

"Yamini is my husband's sister, making her my sister-in-law," I clarified.

Yukta's face paled. "Ya...mi...ni..."

"Now, Yukta, CEO of VRR Pharmaceuticals, tell me: why did you do all this?" I demanded.

"I...I don't know anything," Yukta stammered.

"I think you've forgotten everything," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm, and slapped Yukta.

"How dare you slap me?" Yukta protested.