Mitsuri's Return

Mitsuri and Tokito walk through the gates after their tedious victory against Upper Moon 4 and 5.

Mitsuri POV

"Aaaaaa, everything hurts, "I say while holding onto my arm and looking up at the sky. The sound of birds fills my ears.

Obanai POV

I was just about to leave for a quick mission when my eyes met the girl I love in a daze. Blood was dried on her uniform, evident she had faced a difficult opponent. My feet stopped for a moment, taking in the sight. The sunlight on her skin put me in a trance. I decided it was best to call her before she ran into something.

Mitsuri POV

"Kanroji," said a deep voice in front of me. My eyes moved from the clouds and met heterochromia ones.

"Iguro san!" I cheer.

To tell the truth, during my battle, I thought I was going to die. In my life-or-death situation, I started to realize how desperately I wanted to eat with Iguro kun again. Memories of him flooded my head. He was so kind to me the day he gave me these socks.

Noticing Kanroji's change in character, Iguro called out again,

"Kanroji?" His voice holding concern.

A smile plasters itself on my face

"how've you been!" I enthusiastically shout

Iguro eyes slightly widen, lost in Mitsuri's cute expression.

At this point, Tokito had already found better things to do (like go to Shinobu for treatment); he was nowhere to be seen.

My feet suddenly move independently, with the sunlight glistening off my cheeks. As my wounds were still fresh, I relatively limped towards the snake hashira. My lips parted to speak,

"Iguro.." Suddenly, everything goes black.

Normal POV

Obanai, noticing Mitsuri struggle to move, proceeds towards her. Once they are a mere three feet apart, Mitsuri's legs give out, and her eyes gently close. Skillfully, Obanai embraces the exhausted Hashira, letting her head rest on his shoulder.

"Don't over do it." His thumb touches her cheek, and he gently motions to brush away loose strands of hair.

Although he wants to hold her in his arms forever (Manga readers know), he knows she needs treatment.

In a swift motion, Iguro places his hand on the back of Kanroji's knees, bringing her into his arms. As a result, Kaburamaru leaves his usual position and snuggles against the girl's chest.

"You like her more than me now?" Iguro says while raising his eyebrow.

His

is all that he got in return.

Obanai POV

I move swiftly to ensure Kanroji receives proper treatment. I observe her delicate features on my journey, paying attention to every breath and minor detail.

After a few minutes, Kaburamaru joins Mitsuri, sleeping peacefully. A smile forms at a thought, 'they get along well'

Upon our arrival, Shinobu quickly notices the shape Mitsuri is in.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" the maiden inquires before stealing her from my arms, resulting in a hiss from Kaburamaru once again.

Instinctively, my hand slightly lifts up, upset at the loss of touch. My motion diminishes upon realizing the immaturity. Swiftly, I grab my snake friend and turn.

"Take care of her," I whisper before exiting the estate. With a hand on the sheath of my serpent-like sword, I disappear in a flash. I must complete my mission quickly to make sure she's okay when she wakes up.

Time Skip

Mitsuri POV

My eyes are met with darkness. 'I wonder how long I was out for...' I ponder before eyeing the wind coming from the open window.

Rusting sounds can be heard from my attempt to reach for the curtains. Once I made it, my eyes were met with a crescent moon.

"Aaa, it's already so late," I say before slumping back down.

'I wonder what happened"

My half-lidded eyes fixate on the wall in front of me.

"Kanroji"

A familiar voice snaps me out of my daze.

"h-h-huh?!? Iguro kun?!?" I was unsure if I imagined his voice or not. I frantically whip my head back towards the open window.

Normal POV

Obanai is perched on the window, and he sighs.

"Kanroji, you've only slept for a couple of hours. You need to at least triple that amount." He lectures before shutting his eyes.

Mitsuri, still unsure if he's real or not, crawls towards him. Inspecting his peaceful features, her eyebrows begin to furrow.

"HMMMM," an unconvinced Mitsuri begins.
Upon hearing her voice, Obanai opens his eyes and tilts his head.

"The real Iguro has a snake with him!," Mitsuri yells, pointing at the "Fake Obanai."

Sigh

To this, Obanai gets off the window sill and gently pulls the covers over Mitsuri.

"The real Iguro does have a snake with him. However, the snake needed rest like you" he states.

"Ah, I guess that would make sense..." Mitsuri's voice drifts at the end of her sentence.

Soft breaths can be heard coming from the love hashira in a matter of seconds. Upon noticing this, Iguro gently brushes away at her bangs. Hesitantly, he brings his masked face down to her forehead and plants a kiss.

"Good night.....Mitsuri," he lets her first name roll off his tongue.

He then gets closer to the cold breeze coming from the window. While grabbing onto the sill, he glances at the sleeping beauty before jumping out.

Hope you enjoy!
There's more to come!