+ 1 +

4th period , science

I was listening to music. The teacher couldn't care less. I mean all she does is give us a packet and expects us to do it.

I was so tired. Last night was one of those nights where you just think about how screwed up your life is, and you just cry for hours. Yea, those nights are every night for me.

Ya know, the best way to keep everything inside and act okay, is to just smile. No one assumes your broken inside. I like it that way.

The bell got me out of my trans. I stood up and left the class. Aww, wonderful high school. Gotta love it, right ?

I got to my locker and got everything I needed. I left the school and went to the day care. My little brothers there so I have to go see him at lunch. I give him my food. Having the little money we have for the both of us, we have to split everything.

"Hey buddy!" I said giving Nick a hug.

"Hey sissy!" He said hugging me tight.

"What happened to your face nick?!" I asked. He had a huge black eye

"Well uhh.. This kid was bragging about having a mommy and then I punched him. Then he punched back." He said. Looking down. He had a tear drop from his eye and then wiped away.

I gave him a hug. No child should live without a mother. I don't want him to be like me. But you can tell he bottles everything up. Like sister like brother.

"It's okay bud. Now eat up and I'll be back later to pick you up." I said on the verge of crying. I can't cry in front of him. I hugged him one last time and left.

I drove back to school and parked. I couldn't take it anymore. Having everybody think your perfectly fine, but inside, your a broken soul that can't be fixed.

Come on ryn! Stay strong!

I got out of the car once I was done redoing my mascara. I can't let anyone know that I cried. I have to be the happy, strong, confident ryn everyone thinks I am.

Now keep your head up and smile.