prologue

You and all the other examinees were gathered infront of the gates of the training area. Kikoru was right next to you, seeming to ramble about the stupid 'Hibino Kafka'. But, your attention was sooner diverted.

"I'm the head of the selection committee for the secondary exams, 3rd Division's Vice Captain Hoshina" Someone infront of us announces, the loudness of area around you stopped. Everyone's conversations were cut and all their attention was at the person infront of them.

You stand there, stunned. He was right infront of you. The Soshiro Hoshina was right in front of you. Nonetheless, you tried not to freak out as, you'd look crazy. You don't wanna scare him off, do you?

"The aptitude test will be held in this training area" He walked towards a keypad, quickly inputing a passcode. The gates slowly opened, "You'll all be working with kaijus" it revealed destructions of buildings crumbled down along with monstrous creatures lurking around it.

"You will be neutralizing them." He said with a toothy grin, standing proudly infront of the kaijus. People behind me started talking amongst theirselves, their chatter getting louder and louder.

You weren't paying attention to that however, all your focus was on him.

Soshiro on the other hand, has noticed. Who couldn't? Your gaze on him wasn't something to miss, you just had to make it obvious, didn't you?

"But, we can't let you guys in there just yet. Follow me, you guys can't fight these things unarmed."

Unbeknownst to everyone else, he made sure no one was looking before he sent you a wink. Your face started getting red, you could feel the blush on your cheeks. "What's wrong with you?" Kikoru asks, dumbfounded.