Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning after changing myself to fit for the most part my own personal standards. I went to the bathroom and got ready like I normally do, until I got to my clothes and such. I put on a cute floral summer-y dress and a white cover up with my brown strappy sandals. I did my normal makeup and dialed down the darkness. I look brighter and happier. I put on slight pink lipstick and grabbed my bag and my keys and drove to school.

I walked in and was waiting for Drake when he walked up to me and just said one word- woah. I blushed and smiled my big goofy smile.

"Don't take this the wrong way love, but.. What happened? I mean you look absolutely gorgeous but when did this happen?" he chuckled and hugged me.

"Well, this kid said something and it made me realize that I haven't changed since like middle school. And I'm a senior now. So, I decided now is the time for me to just go ahead and do my own thing. I spent so much moey on this, and I did my own hair. Does it look okay? I was so nervous that you would think I looked like a dyke or something with my new haircut and-"

I was cut off from talking any more when he put his hands on my cheeks and kissed me.

"You look lovely Dani."

"Thank ya handsome!" I giggled.

We held hands and walked down the hall to our first classes. I got to history and sat in my seat and took out my stuff and waited to hear someone's snarky comment on how I look. It never really happened. But I saw  (the guy next to me) staring at me for a minute. He was probably trying to figure out what happened to me, honestly. I mean I already know I'm hot man.

The day dragged on with quite a number of people complimenting me. It was so weird, nobody ever notices me. It felt really nice though, to be known. To have people not mark over my existence with permanent marker, if you will. I don't know, hen people notice you, you just feel so important. And the fact that Drake likes me how I am makes me even happier. I was honestly just so scared that he wouldn't like me at all. But, looks like I still have a perfect boyfriend.

I got home and took like a ton of selfies because I looked cute and I wanted to- besides the point. I called Drake and asked him to come over, since he lives so close to me. About ten minutes after, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it up and let Drake in. He came in and immediately started kissing me. He put his hands on my hips and started to deepen the kiss. I was definitely not expecting to, like, jump right into it but it felt right I guess?

I broke away so I could shut the door he failed to close and I saw a deep blush on Drake's face. "Where did that come from?" I said, giggling.

"I just wanted to.. "

I laughed and kissed him again then said "Come here, we have a movie marathon to watch."

We watched so many movies, ranging from stupid Disney movies to horror movies. I think I might honestly be in love with him. Whole-heartedly. I've never felt this way about a guy before. I don't know what it is about him.. But he just makes me smile by just looking at me. He can turn any bad day that I have to a good day and can make a boring Christmas or Spring break filled with excitement. His kisses are so amazing and he's so adorable and something about him just makes me tick. Damn, I care about this boy a lot.