First day of school

I wake up at 8:20 and school starts at 9 I walk down stairs and get a bowl of Cheerios and I see a note on the counter "work emergency I'll see you in 3 weeks, love your aunt maya" well I'm not surprised. I run upstairs and grab black shorts and a white shirt and I walk out to my bus stop and I see Cameron, "hey, Madison right" yeah I say smiling as the bus comes up.

When we arrive at school I got lost with in the first 5 minutes, I finally found my locker and look at the time it's 8:57 and I have class in 3 minutes so I grab my books and run but I don't really know where I'm going, as I turn a Corner I trip over something and I couldn't see, right before I hit the ground soft gentle hands grab my waist and lift me up, I'm looking forward and I turn around.

I couldn't believe my eyes, is it really.
No it can't be. As I shake my head and look at the ground.

"Hi I'm Triston" I hear in a soft voice
My hearts never been pounding this fast before, I was so shocked.
"Oh!, hi I'm Madison, I'm so sorry" I say pushing my hair back
"It's okay, I guess I was just in the right place at the right time" he says smiling
I was in the moment and I forgot all about class.

With a long awkward pause the last bell rings "shit!" I say grabbing all my books, "who's class are you in" he says helping me pick up my books, "uh um mr.smiths" I say as I stand up "oh me too, I'll walk you there" he says smiling.
I mean how can I pass that up.

We walk into class and we see our teacher writing on the chalkboard "you guys are late, take your seats" he says as he glances at "sorry" we both say running to our seats.

After 30 minutes of him talking, which seemed like forever, he told us to get a partner of the opposite sex, I look across the room and see Cameron but he's sitting with a girl already, so I just wait to see who's left over, as I see 4 girls walk over to Triston saying "be my partner!" And crowding him, as he gets up and says "excuse me", he walks over to me and says "got a partner" , "uh no" I say looking down, "well you got one now" as he says sitting down beside me, as I shake of nerves and excitement.

A couple minutes later everyone has a partner and mr.smith Starts explaining the project "okay so each pair is going to be assigned a baby, it's your job to monitor it and make sure it's happy, you'll be in-charge of the baby for a week" as he starts handing out the babies, we got a boy and he told us to name it.

"What do you want to name it" Triston says looking at the baby "uh i don't know how about Zach " I say not thinking at all "perfect" he says "uhh who's taking it tonight?" I say looking curious "I'll take him tonight", "uh okay sounds good" I say.