The Hogwarts Express

Me and dad stood in King's Cross Station between platforms 9 and 10,preparing to run through the barrier to platform 9 ¾,where my Hogwarts journey awaited me.

"Ready?” dad asked,his trademark smirk on his face.

“Ready” I replied,with the same smirk.

We ran through the barrier,and arrived on platform 9 ¾.

The majestic sight of the Hogwarts Express,a beautiful Scarlet steam engine,appeared as we came out on the other side of the barrier.

"Wow,it's beautiful" I stated,in awe of it's beauty.

"It is,isn't it?" Dad chuckled at my amazement.

Dad kneeled down in front of me.

“You’ll be fine,right?” He asked,rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

I couldn't help but notice the tears in his eyes and the sadness in his voice.

“Yeah.Perfectly fine” I replied.

“Send me a letter as soon as you can.I’ll be waiting” he said.

“Got it.See you at Christmas” I smiled.

"I love you,princess" he said as he gave me a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too,daddy" I replied,hugging him back.

The train whistle blew,and I put my trunk on the train and found a compartment straight away.

I looked out the window as the train began to move.

I saw dad,half laughing and half crying,waving until the train rounded a corner and I couldn’t see him anymore.

I sat down when something green and moving on the floor caught my eye.

I knelt down and gently held out my hand for the small toad to jump on.

"Well,hello there" I smiled at the adorable creature as he croaked.