· · ────── ·ʚ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 ɞ· ────── · ·

It was a late afternoon, around 4:30 PM and the work day was almost over. You were organizing data and invoices in a folder and saving all the important information on your computer. The door of the office opened and a woman came in. She had long, blonde hair, wasn't very tall, and was of Dutch-Indian descent. It was your new boss, Integra Hellsing. She approached you carefully as she was smoking. The scent of tobacco mixed with the scent of vanilla filled up the air.

Integra: Good afternoon, Juliette. I see you've had quite a busy first day working with us.

Juliette: Hello. Yes, it was a lot. - you sighed and smiled, formally. It was your first day working as a financial analyst for the Hellsing Organization. It was a wealthy organization in the private sector of the government and the pay was really good, so you took the job offer almost immediately. Your role was to basically receive and send invoices, and bills and keep track of their spending. You noticed they had a lot of weapons, even ones you never imagined people would use, hence why your crime record and background check were closely monitored. Integra came up to you and handed you a binder that had receipts.

I: You have to finish auditing those in about 2 weeks. We had just acquired new weapons and it's important for us to keep track of all the spendings. Please do your best. - the woman spoke in a firm yet gentle manner and exited. While she was walking out she stopped and placed a box on one of the chairs then exited. Your curiosity piqued and you got up to see what was inside the box she'd left. As you removed the lid you saw a note on top of the item that read ''It's dangerous to go alone/unarmed, take this and keep it with you at all costs. - Hellsing.'' ''Hm? What could this be?'' you thought to yourself and removed the note then saw the box's content. It was a small gun that had the company's engraving on it. It took you by surprise and you were wondering what the Hell was going on and what you'd potentially need the gun for. While you were getting lost in thought, you lost track of time and it was time to go home already. Another colleague from the financial team approached you.

Coworker: Good job today, Juliette. I just have a question, where it says my Social Security Number do I put in my Social Security number?

Oh and here I was thinking things couldn't have gotten worse. You thought '' Yes. '' then you replied and smiled politely, wondering what other stupid question you could've been asked. Your coworker's name was Lisa and you got the impression that she wasn't necessarily the brightest. While you weren't paying attention, Lisa continued talking.

L: I forgot to tell you my name, I'm Lisa I come from X country, it's a country in X continent with the capital of Y, my dad used to work at the Hellsing organization and gave me a better life I owe all of this to him, even though I must admit moving away from your home is not easy, I was homesick for a very long time...- as Lisa continued to barrage you with a lot of information you noticed a person who stood still in one of the corners. He was abnormally tall, around 6'8, wearing a red suit, his signature glasses, and a hat. He noticed you looking at him but didn't say anything. He took his hat off and gracefully placed it on his chest as a greeting towards you. You thought it was so odd, eccentric yet so nice. His movements were swift and he was almost blending with the darkness of the corner. It was all beginning to fall into place, piece by piece. This was no ordinary organization and the people there were not ordinary people. You smiled at the stranger and looked back to Lisa who was still talking, then back to the stranger who was no longer there. You were wondering how he'd done this so quickly and it left you speechless. You were trying to figure it out but you couldn't quite put your finger on it. You smiled back at Lisa one last time and spoke:

J: Listen, Lisa, I have to go now, it was nice meeting you but it's getting late.

L: Of course, I should've been more considerate of your time.

Yes, you should've.

J: It's nothing, I will see you later. - you said and rushed towards the exit of the mansion. As you walked out you noticed the cars the organization used. It was all luxury vehicles and the building was under surveillance at all times. You were getting lost in thought once more when suddenly your best friend, Sora, pulled up at the entrance and waited for you. You told the guards that she was with you so they put their guns down and let her in.

Sora: Why look at you looking all dressy and shit. How was the first day?

Juliette: Exhausting. A lot of things happened.

S: Like what? - Sora laughed and both of you walked to her car. She took a seat in the driver's seat and you were in the passenger's seat. Sora was your best friend of 10+ years and she's been with you during your toughest times and vice versa. She continued talking - this place has guards and expensive cars. I also noticed you could only enter upon invitation. You're probably going to be making a bank.

J: Like 6 figures. I mean I studied my ass off at university so might as well be paid for it. Skilled labor is not cheap and cheap labor is not skilled.

S: Yeah, this is very true. But hey at least they're paying you. Honestly, though I feel like it might be a bit of a difficult situation for you. It's a very responsible job and you need to keep so many secrets. Like the company's finances and all. But who cares? You might as well find yourself a man in finance.

You sighed. You truly loved Sora deeply, however, her world seemed to almost always revolve around men for almost anything and everything. And you couldn't quite understand why. She was educated, beautiful, and had recently started working her dream job but she somehow still tolerated far, far too much.

· · ────── ·ʚ  🫀  ɞ· ────── · ·