PROLOGUE

Ano nga ba ang kaya mong gawin para sa pag-ibig?

Kaya kong ibigay ang lahat pero hindi sa puntong nagmumukha na akong tanga, kaya kong magsakripisyo pero hindi sa puntong halos wala nang matitira pa sa pagkatao ko. Minsan kasi mahirap kapag di nasusuklian ng sapat. Kailangan balanse kasi both of you is part of the equation kumbaga.

Yan ang naging turan ni Nicole matapos niyang mapanood ang isang pelikula na naka display sa malaking tv sa kanyang harapan.

Love. The most beautiful thing to experience in life and yet the most traumatizing thing to encounter. How can you avoid falling in love? No, there is no such thing as escaping from falling. When you fall in love, that's it! Love comes in the most unwanted situations in our lives, where you have no choice but to give in. You might find yourself saying, "Damn this love, it's so unpredictable." You have no choice; if love hits you, you just have to endure it, feel it, and get used to the things that love may bring.

But what are you willing to give for love?

I am Ophelia Nicolette Cruz, who believes in the saying, "to love is to hope." Because if there is love, there is always room for hope. But how long and how far can I carry that saying? Can I still say to love is to hope if I have been repeatedly disappointed by love and hope? Can I still hold on to those words if I know in my heart that there is no hope for love?

Love often comes unexpectedly, catching us off guard when we least expect it. It can bring immense joy and fulfillment, but it can also bring profound pain and sorrow. It's a double-edged sword that we must wield carefully, knowing that it can cut both ways. When we open our hearts to love, we make ourselves vulnerable to the possibility of hurt and heartbreak. And yet, we take that risk, because the potential rewards are worth the potential pain.

… 4rtforvm 🌻