Chapter 17: Library and Trials

Warning: Long Chapter Ahead 

Narrator POV:

Fein joined Ryazania on their descent from the roof of Vengir's house, the night's chill brushing against their skin.

He walked beside her, the two of them silently enjoying each other's comfort so far.

"How's that sword of yours? " Fein said, breaking the silence. "there's still so much we don't know about it."

Ryazania nodded, her eyes reflecting the distant stars. "The sword holds many stories, so I need to uncover it, maybe even leading to my cousin."

Fein placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We'll do it together. Whatever comes next, we'll face it together."

The sound of footsteps interrupted their conversation. 

Mal and Vengir emerged onto the rooftop, their expressions a mix of concern and determination.

"We've been talking," Mal said, his gaze shifting between Fein and Ryazania. "We believe our next course of action is with you. We've decided to stay with you until the end."

"Yes," Vengir added. "We've decided to entrust our stories to you permanently."

Ryazania's eyes widened. "Does that mean..."

Mal nodded. "Yes, together. We are friends already, since that cave, that village Elden. We'll join you."

Ryazania smiled warmly. "Thank you."

Vengir continued, "That is why the library will be our next destination. It's one of the oldest repositories of knowledge in the realm. If there's any place that can shed light on the sword, it's there."

Ryazania nodded confidently. "Then that's my next step. I need to visit the library and learn what I can."

"We're going with you," Mal stated firmly, speaking for himself and Vengir.

Ryazania smiled gratefully at her companions. "Thank you. Together, we'll uncover everything behind this sword."

The next morning, Ryazania and her companions set out for the ancient library within Eldenforve. The library was a grand structure, its walls adorned with ancient carvings and its halls echoing with the whispers of history.

 As they entered, the musty scent of old parchment and leather filled the air, mingling with the flickering light of countless candles.

A scholar greeted them, his robes rustling as he bowed. "Welcome to the library of Eldenforve. How may I assist you?"

Fein stepped forward, holding the ancient sword. "We're seeking information about this sword, anything you have on their history and origins."

The scholar's eyes widened at the sight of the sword. "Ah, this sword looks like the legendary Sword of Eternity. It has been the subject of many legends. Follow me."

He led them through the labyrinthine corridors of the library, past towering shelves filled with tomes and scrolls. They arrived at a secluded reading room, where the scholar began pulling books from the shelves, laying them out on a large wooden table.

"These texts contain references to the sword," the scholar explained. "But be warned, the knowledge contained within is fragmented and often obscured by time."

Ryazania and her companions settled in, poring over the ancient texts. 

Minutes turned into Hours as they delved deeper into the lore, piecing together the puzzle of Astra Prime's history.