ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ³

⁻⁻⁻ 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

Simone ended up going to Gabriella's room anyway as there was nothing to do, at least for a little while. Hershel and his family were working on getting one of the bullet shards out of Carl's stomach which Simone had no clue on how that works.

Her room was so neat with a pink painted wall and a large bookshelf opposite her bed with fairy lights stuck with blu tack across the border. Skateboard, skateboard and another skateboard hung decoratively above her bed and another two next to the bedroom door.

The girl was looking around Gabby's room while she sat on her bed watching Simone suspiciously. She missed her own room back at home. Something she left messy because of her rushed packing the night before, she wished she could get back soon and see her mom and sisters.
"Stop! You're killing him!" Rick's voiced carried itself all the way upstairs, Simone jumped up from the ground and ran down the stairs to see what's happening.

There was some tool in the bloody hole formed in Carl stomach from the shot, he was awake now which was unfortunate. He was crying and screaming for his dad who had a lady cleaning his forearm for the needle to be inserted. Shane having to hold him down so he wasn't injured further.
"He needs blood,"
"Do it now!" Shane screamed, making Gabby's calm exterior slip with a flinch.

His crying then stopped, his eyes shut and he was unconscious again. Simone wanted to yell the question, 'is he dead' multiple times so Hershel answered their fearful expression,
"He just passed out," He then extracted a little piece of blood covered metal.
"One done," he placed it into a tray, "five to go."
Simone huffed from the corner of the room, she thought that was it.

✿✿✿

Hershel and Patricia stayed by Carl's side, for strangers in an apocalypse they're awfully nice.
Everyone else, apart from Rick and Shane, waited on the other side of the door. The blonde girl, Beth, suggested to make lunch because everyone must be hungry.

So they made sandwiches. Otis and Hershel said they weren't hungry but Maggie insisted they ate something. Simone felt weird being in this family's house, it's only under these circumstances they're so accommodating, making up for the mistake of one of their men shooting a kid. Other than that they're just strangers eating their food.

She was still very grateful over the whole thing, Hershel being a doctor and all.
"Would you like jam or peanut butter?" Beth asked, both jar's on the kitchen counter. Apricot jam and honey was also on the table but she didn't want to be difficult and choose one Beth didn't say.
"Peanut butter, please," she didn't understand the concept of peanut butter and jam together.

Simone rested her arm on the counter as Beth buttered the white bread then mixing the peanut butter on top, Jimmy on the other side of Beth just continuing on from a previous conversation the two were having. She wished Glenn was here because she knows he loves sandwiches, he'd put all the toppings together and so would she. Not currently, though.

Beth, Jimmy and Simone carried in the sandwiches on shiny white plates. She placed Rick and Shane's down on the coffee table so to not disturb their wholesome but sad conversation.
"Thank you," Otis and Maggie both said before the two Greene siblings took a seat to eat, Jimmy made and ate his in the kitchen first.

The dark wood door opens and Hershel stepped out with patch blood on the sleeve of his shirt and a towel in his hands,
"He's out of danger for the moment. But I need to remove those remaining fragments."
"How? You saw how he was."
"I know, and that was the shallowest one. I need to go deeper to get the others. There's more,"
"Tell me," Rick looks back to the old man.