03. LAKE HOUSE

𝐀fter the song performance from Rob, which gave her second hand embarrassment, and the speech from Lenny, everyone moved to the garden where the cake was handed out

𝐀fter the song performance from Rob, which gave her second hand embarrassment, and the speech from Lenny, everyone moved to the garden where the cake was handed out. Y/n was never really a fan of cake, expect cheesecake. It was her favorite sweet treat.

She stayed in the church, the sun peeking through the windows as she now sat the the front row in the middle. In her lap rested her book, still stuck and struggling with the first interaction of the main character's love interest. Of course, she could make them have an average interaction like any other, but she felt like she needed more.

"Not really the social type?" a male voice from behind rang. Turning her upper body around, she found Lenny's oldest son standing only a few rows away.

Y/n liked to think that every firstborn child has its own struggles that they don't want to mention. They're the ones to give the parents the experience of a child for the first time. And that child then takes care of its younger siblings, it becomes the most responsible one. And yet, whatever havoc those younger ones cause, the blame goes to the oldest.

He stood there with a small grin, dressed in a tuxedo like his brothers and father, yet the two top buttons he had left open, the tie loosely hanging from around his neck, the black jacket he had tied around his waist with his hands in his pockets. And a camera.

"No. Then again, if you're here, you're not the most social either." she responded, moving back her eyes to the open book in her lap, trying to brush off his presence.

Though that attempt had failed because she felt him sit down next to her. She heard his steps, smelled his cologne, and out of the corner of her eye, she found his brown hues scanning over the cursive written words.

Seeing his mouth about to open, before he could bring out a syllable, she interrupted him by closing her book again, tying it with the leather string. "So, you photograph."

Y/n noticed the camera hanging on his shoulder, resting against his hip. His breath caught in his throat for a moment. "Yeah I- uh," he stuttered slightly. "It's just something I do in my free time."

Antonio had always heard from people outside of his family, from people of his circle and school, that it was a rather odd hobby, since it apparently is more of a girlish thing to do. But her?

She smiled softly, the emptiness turning into something more genuine. A sparkle formed in her eyes and the sun's light hit her form and she turned her face to his. Her e/c eyes clashing with his own deep brown ones. "It's cute."

And he stopped breathing. His slightly clenched fists began to relax, so did his composure. Inside his stomach, butterflies formed, escaping their cocoon. Slowly, they crawled up his throat, watching with admiration as she stood up from her seat, walking past him and out of the church.