PrayForMe

[Jayla in media]

"Reality is what trips you up when you walk around with your eyes closed" - F. Paul Wilson

***

Jayla and I had been sitting in my car in the dark for 20 minutes after the movie was over. I was completely silent and so was Jayla. Spooky Black was playing softly on the radio. You could barely hear it.

"Hey Bre?" I looked at Jayla who had just broken the silence. "What was wrong earlier? When you walked into your room. You didn't look happy at all"

I sighed and sat back in my seat.

"I uh got some bad news today and I'm not taking it very good" I replied. She grabbed my hand and smiled.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Things will get better though."

"I know. I just want to cry and I don't cry in front of people so what's your address?" I was on the brink of tears already.

She told me her address and I took her home pulling up in her driveway. She was about to get out of the car but stopped herself.

"Bre if you need to talk you can come inside. It's not late. Just come inside and watch TV with me or something." I took the key out of the ignition and got out of the car.

I believed she would listen to me and not say anything to make me feel worse so I went inside with her. We went to her room and sat on the floor infront of her bed.

"Now. Talk to me hun" I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a long breath.

"Alright. Well my sister, my half sister. She was my everything. She was four years older than me and she gave me every piece of advice I ever needed. She was the ideal big sister that any teenage girl would want. She was the happiest and most lively person I've ever known." I was crying hard now and Jayla held my hand as I talked.

"It's alright Bre. Keep going. Let it out" She said.

"She uh- I found out this morning that she killed herself. She overdosed. I just don't understand it! She was my best friend. She had everything. Why would she do something like that?" Jayla shushed me and hugged me tightly.

"Bre cry. I know you're sad. Holding it in doesn't help. You don't need to talk any more" I cried harder into her shirt with my arms around her waist.

10 Minutes Later

I was done crying. My eyes were dry and at some point during that we had moved onto Jayla's bed. I was laying between her legs with my head resting on her stomach.

She was playing with my hair and singing some song. I didn't want this moment to end. Ever. I felt like I was in the right place and with the right person. It was perfect.

I was falling asleep slowly but surely and I had to stop myself. I sat up and Jayla looked at me weirdly.

"What is it? Now my stomach is cold" She pouted and I laughed a little.

"I should go home now Jayla. I was falling asleep and I can't sleep here. You have your space"

"I have my space and I don't mind you being in it. So lay back down and go to sleep" Jayla said sternly. I smiled and laid back down.

2am

I woke up still laying on Jayla. She wasn't asleep either.

"You've been laying here for like 6 hours and you haven't moved?" I asked. She laughed.

"I'm comfortable. I fell asleep for a couple hours but I woke up around 1" I moved up laying next to her and she turned towards me.

"Thank you" I said.

"Don't thank me. I just want to do anything I can. I'll be right back" She got up and I closed my eyes burying my face in the pillow. Her bed was so comfortable.

She came back and laid down in basketball shorts and her bra.

"Uhm Jayla you should know that I'm gay and you're laying really close to me right now" She chuckled scooting closer.

"I know that. Did you think I was straight? No I'm gay. I've never been with a boy in my life" I was so suprised and happy at the same time.

"Really? You're gay?"

"Yes I am. I didn't say anything because you were sad and I still don't know if I should have said anything." I smiled and licked my lips.

"I'm fine now" I proclaimed with a smug smile on my face. She laughed and moved closer kissing me. We were kissing for quite a while but when she started biting my lip... I couldn't help but get turned on.

I broke the kiss and moved down to her neck. When I started sucking on her neck she got weak and quiet moans were let out into my ear.

She took her bra off herself and I knew she meant business. I smirked and made my way down leaving hickeys. She wasn't even mine but I sure was marking her up like she was.

I pulled her shorts and panties down and she opened her legs. Boyyyy she was dripping. It made my mouth water. Then someone busted in the room.

It was a stud. I instantly felt nervous.

"So you cheating na?" She asked with an accent I couldn't describe. Her fists were clenched.

"Trinity w-what are you doing here?" She fixed her clothes and I just stood against the wall pissed and nervous.

"I was coming to surprise my girlfriend. I'm trying my hardest not to beat both of y'all asses" She looked at the both of us and punched the wall in anger.

"Ayee I didn't know nothing about you bro" She looked at me with pure anger in her eyes.

"Then I suggest you get outta here" I mean mugged Jayla and put on my shoes. I left and drove home. I was so mad.

You can't trust nobody these days.