𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑲𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒆

The year was 172 A.E, and a man named Laurence had just proposed to his wife. Even though the seasons and their appearances changed, they deeply loved each other. The two had started a family two years after their wedding which occurred in the spring, and soon their loving house was filled with three kids. Laurence would wonder how he had gotten so lucky with his family but something had always bothered him. It had begun when Laurence was staring into the mirror with his wife but soon realized that his wife had no reflection.

Laurence truly was all alone. For years, the man never left his house and soon left people assuming he had passed away.

But that was far from the truth. When the man died he wrote a letter, later found in 342 A.E. By this time, the world that Laurence had known was gone. The streets were a barren wasteland, filled with litter, and the smoke-filled cities were ruled by a corrupt government. The now gray skies, once bright and blue, were no longer a joy to watch but a reminder of the destruction by the humans, who were barely recognizable as themselves and transformed into something that only prowled in the night.

But in the midst of that, Laurence's house soon fell victim to raiders who searched for anything to sell, anything that would give them an extra day in this world. Though Laurence's body had already decayed on a wheelchair, in his fingers laid a note. Raiders greedily snatched it from those bony fingers and took a peek, reading:

"Dear Kathrine,

Though I am just a man, I would have loved to take you to see the sun rise and fall, to see the waves of the beaches flow in and out. I would have taken you to the moon and back, to see galaxies and discover the world together with our own two feet. But time cuts our moments together and we can no longer see the horizon. I can no longer see the horizon. Though I am just a man and I couldn't take you anywhere with my own two legs, I would have still loved you as much as you could've loved me.

Yours and Forever Yours,

Laurie"