Epilogue

Four months had passed since Lilith regained her strength

Four months had passed since Lilith regained her strength. It had been a hectic month for her, and she was grateful that Xavier was there to help with the paperwork piled on her desk. She almost tripped due to the high-heeled shoes she was wearing. He glanced up at her with a smirk and leaned on the chair's armrest, leaving her stunned at how close their faces were to each other.

"What mischief are you planning, Lilith?" he teased.

She quickly distanced herself and smoothed out her wrinkled clothes. "What are you thinking? I just lost my balance because of these shoes," she retorted, lifting the hem of her long dress. "It's hard to move around in this kind of attire. My dress is so long, and the heels are so high."

"And where have you ever seen a princess wearing pants in the palace? Are you going horseback riding?"

"When you let me wear comfortable clothes, maybe you'll see." 

"You're just not used to it because it's not what you're used to wearing. Don't worry, if you fall, I'll always catch you," he said with a smile before taking a few papers they needed to read.

"You're saying all sorts of things." She just rolled her eyes and slumped into the soft chair. She scrutinized the stack of papers in front of her one by one.

She noticed he paused when he opened the papers. She could see the serious and direct look on her face. "We're in the office, Lilith, if we weren't here, you wouldn't hear anything because I'd do whatever was on my mind. I'm just holding back."

"I notice you're changing your tone with me, huh?" She adjusted her speech tone.

"And now, you're using your title with me?" She caught a sweet smile on his face before he even released the papers.

"Why not? You should give res--" She was interrupted when the young man stood up. She followed him with her eyes as he approached her. He swept aside some papers on the table and leaned in, gripping both arms of her chair.

She quickly put her hand on his chest and stopped him from coming to her.

"Wait! We're in the office!" They both froze when they heard a knock on the door. They both turned to look, especially when it slowly opened. The girl widened her eyes as she peeked through the door and closed it again. She felt like she had been doused with cold water when she suddenly felt the young man's sudden kiss on her neck before he left his leaning position.

"Come in," he said, allowing the girl to come in.

The young man just collapsed on the sofa at the other end of the room and smiled as he handed tea. She just looked at him before their visitor came in. When she saw who it was, her mood immediately changed.

"Princess Avery," he said respectfully, bowing his head. "I apologize for this sudden visit. I've wanted to do this for a long time but couldn't find the right time to come to you."She sat back, crossing her arms. She frowned, studying him from head to toe.