𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧;

⁣┏                                                       ┓⁣𝐰 𝐞 𝐥 𝐜 𝐨 𝐦 𝐞  𝐛 𝐚 𝐜 𝐤 ⁣┗                                                        ┛

⁣┏ ┓⁣
𝐰 𝐞 𝐥 𝐜 𝐨 𝐦 𝐞 𝐛 𝐚 𝐜 𝐤
⁣┗                                                        ┛

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐒, it's been four months since the events of hero's day, four months since luka figured out shogou identity,—shogou, wearing an apron over his casual clothes, stood behind the counter, serving customers their orders with a polite smile, his parents were in the kitchen, attending to the baking.

he picked up a tray of freshly baked éclairs and set them on the glass display counter. just then, the door chimed, signaling the arrival of a new customer.

luka, a playful smirk on his face, walked into the bakery. he looked around, taking in the charming setup before his eyes fell on shogou behind the counter. a spark of mischief lit up his eyes as a plan formed in his mind.

he sauntered up to the counter, pretending to examine the pastries on display. as he reached shogou, he leaned in slightly, feigning interest in the éclairs.

"hmm, these éclairs look delicious," he said, his voice low and smooth, a hint of a tease in his tone. "but i wonder...are they as sweet as the man serving them?"

shogou, in the midst of attending to the display, stiffened slightly at the unexpected compliment, he looked up, his eyes meeting luka's, a mix of surprise and amusement flashing across his features.

"flattery will get you nowhere, you know," he responded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. he gestured to the pastries, changing the topic. "we have a variety of freshly baked goods. anything in particular you're looking for?"

luka chuckled, unfazed by shogou's coy response. "oh, i don't know," he mused, his gaze never leaving shogou. "i'm feeling a bit indecisive today. maybe you could recommend something?"

shogou arched an eyebrow, well aware of the game luka was playing. nevertheless, he took on the role of the good server and obliged. "well, our pain au chocolat is popular this time of day, or perhaps you're in the mood for something sweeter, like our strawberry tarts?"

"hmm, those both sound tempting," luka agreed, leaning a bit closer, seemingly completely invested in the pastries. "but i think i'll need to taste them both before making a decision."

shogou, amused by luka's persistence, decided to play along. "ah, but then that would be stealing from the shelves," he teased, a small smile curving his lips. "we might have to call the authorities on you."

luka feigned shock, his hand dramatically clutching his chest. "oh no, not the pastry police! my one weakness!" he laughed, clearly enjoying their little banter.

shogou looked behind him, raising his voice so his parents could hear from the kitchen. "mom, dad, i'm taking a break!"

the words echoed through the bakery, and after a moment, a voice echoed from the back. "alright, sweetie! we'll mind the counter."