2. The unexpected twist

After reaching home, Nandini called Manik.

"GM, I know we might have to stay there for 30 days, but what about our accommodation? Is it fixed?" she asked, a hint of concern in her voice.

"Nandini, the company has arranged everything. You don't have to worry about anything. See you tomorrow," Manik reassured her before ending the call.

Nandini sighed and began packing. She meticulously selected 15 formals, 10 dresses, 2 kurtis, 10 tees, a few jeans, and her nightclothes. She also packed some snacks for the flight.

The next morning, they reached the airport. Nandini dressed in comfortable sweatpants and a zip-up hoodie, and Manik, coincidentally, was wearing a similar outfit. Despite not coordinating, their dressing styles were strikingly similar. When they reached their gate, an announcement informed them that their flight was delayed by an hour.

As the delay was announced, Nandini's stomach growled audibly. Manik chuckled. "Nandini, are you hungry?" he asked.

Nandini laughed in embarrassment. "Just a little," she admitted.

"Okay, if you don't mind, can you guard our carry-on bags? I'll get something for us to eat," Manik suggested.

Just as Nandini was about to reply, another announcement informed them that the flight was delayed by an additional two hours due to a technical glitch. Manik, carrying his backpack and pushing a trolley bag, gestured for Nandini to follow him. They found a spot in the airport lounge and ordered breakfast.

After eating and waiting for some time, boarding was finally announced. They both had business class tickets, allowing them to enjoy their own private space during the flight. The 13-hour journey passed quickly with minimal interaction between them. They ate, watched series, and before they knew it, they had arrived in Milan.

Upon landing, a driver was waiting for them. Shreya had texted them the address of their accommodation. Since they would be staying for a month, the company had rented a condo with two separate master bedrooms rather than booking hotel rooms. Manik and Nandini got into the car and headed to the rental office.

"Hi, we have two condos booked under Malhotra Industries," Manik informed the hotel staff upon arrival.

"Good day, ma'am and sir. Hope you had a comfortable journey," the staff member greeted them warmly. Nandini, however, was barely holding her composure, desperately needing to use the restroom.

"Yes, we did. Can we have the keys quickly, please?" Nandini asked impatiently. She was handed a key, but noticed that Manik hadn't received his yet.

"Actually, I must apologize on behalf of the rentals. We informed your company, but judging by your reactions, it seems you might not be aware," the staff member continued.

"Sorry, we're not getting you. What aren't we aware of?" Manik asked, while Nandini grew increasingly impatient.

"Unfortunately, due to high demand, we only have one condo available. It has two master bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a spacious living area, and a balcony," the staff explained. Nandini, feeling her patience thinning, was barely listening. She excused herself and hurried to the restroom.

While Nandini was gone, Manik processed the situation. By the time she returned, the reality of sharing a condo for a month hit her. She looked at Manik, who explained the situation.

"Hey, they're fully booked for the month. Since ours was a last-minute booking, they didn't have two condos. We'll have to share one, but it's spacious with two master bedrooms and attached bathrooms," Manik said, observing her reaction.

Nandini, trying to process the information, realized that sharing a condo might not be as bad as it seemed. "If we can just stay in our rooms and meet only for work, we should be fine, right?" she thought, trying to convince herself.

Manik noticed her hesitation and spoke up. "Nandini, I know this isn't ideal, but it's late. We can look for a hotel room tomorrow morning if you're uncomfortable. For tonight, can we share the house? It's just one night."

Nandini thought for a moment. It wasn't like they were sharing a room. The condo had two separate bedrooms. "Yeah, that's okay, boss. We have two separate rooms, so it should be fine for the night."

Little did she know, this would be the beginning of an unexpected journey together she mused, as they made their way to the condo.

******************************

Woah! They are all set for their new adventure. Any idea on how the story is going to proceed further?

Lets be each others sunshine :)