Chapter 2

The cityscape of Seoul was a stark contrast to the quiet, rural surroundings of Buyeo. Tall buildings, bustling streets, and a constant hum of activity filled the air. Sang Mi gazed out of the car window, taking in the unfamiliar sights with wide eyes.

As they approached their new apartment complex, Sang Mi felt a mix of excitement and anxiety. This was a chance for a fresh start, but the unknown always brought a hint of fear.

They pulled up to a modest apartment building, and her father, Appa, parked the car. "We're here," he announced, looking at his family.

"Wow, it's so big!" Hye Jin exclaimed, bouncing in her seat.

"It's different, that's for sure," Sang Mi said quietly, trying to mask her apprehension with a smile.

They unloaded the car and made their way to the third floor, where their new home awaited. The apartment was small but cozy, with just enough space for the four of them. The white walls and empty rooms felt like a blank canvas, ready to be filled with new memories.

As they began unpacking, Sang Mi found herself a small corner in her new bedroom. She pulled out her notebook and decided to write another letter to capture this moment.

Dear Future Me,

We've arrived in Seoul, and it's so different from Buyeo. The city is loud and busy, but it feels full of possibilities. Our new apartment is small, but it's enough for us. It's a fresh start, and I'm hopeful.

Eomma and Appa are busy setting up, and Hye Jin is already exploring every corner. I'm nervous, but also excited. This is a chance to be different, to leave behind the old and embrace the new.

I've decided that I'll be more confident here. I won't let the past hold me back. This is my opportunity to grow and change, to find my own place in this big city. I'm ready to make the most of it.

Love,

Pyo Sang Mi

Sang Mi closed her notebook and took a deep breath. Writing always made her feel more grounded, more in control of her thoughts and emotions. She tucked the notebook back into her bag and joined her family in the living room.

"Let's order some food to celebrate our first night here," Eomma suggested, smiling at her daughters.

"Yes, let's have something special!" Hye Jin chimed in, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

As they gathered around the table, sharing their first meal in their new home, Sang Mi felt a flicker of hope. The city was vast and full of challenges, but it was also a place where she could redefine herself and her future.

After the family finished their meal, they began to settle into their new home. Boxes were unpacked, and the rooms slowly started to look more lived-in. Sang Mi found a comfortable spot on the couch, feeling a sense of satisfaction from the day's progress.

"Let's take a break," Appa said, sitting down beside her. He glanced at Sang Mi with a curious expression. "So, Sang Mi-ah, what are your plans now that we're here? Have you thought more about university?"

Sang Mi nodded, her eyes brightening with excitement. "Yes, Appa. I got into one of the best universities in Seoul. I'm really excited about it. It's a great opportunity for me."

Her father's face lit up with interest. "That's good to hear, Sang Mi. You've worked hard for this. Have you thought about what you want to study?"

"I'm going to study Computer Science and Engineering," she replied, feeling a sense of anticipation. "I've always been fascinated by technology, and I think this could be my chance to turn it into something more."