The Cry of the Dragonium

During the time when the land was consumed by magic and evil, there was a family, the Blackwoods. They were feared across the lands. Rumor said that they would kill for fun and terrorized anyone who might cross their path. One night they captured a young priestess and dragged her into their gloomy castle. She told them that if they don’t remove the evil in their hearts they would be condemned by a curse. They laughed at her and ripped her heart out. Soon after that night they transformed into ugly, hideous, half-dragon and half-human creatures known as the Dragonium. They have the power to control anyone and make themselves attractive to whoever they lure into their trap. Fortunately, when the priest and high priestess heard about this they killed all but one, casting him to the castle, forevermore trapped and punished as a Dragonium. But Beware for if you get scratched by one you will become one…

             Suddenly there was a loud slam and Emma jumped causing her book to shut. She looked up abruptly and glared at Percy.

            “Was that really necessary, Percy!” she yelled.

            “Absolutely,” he smiled.

Emma rolled her eyes and shook her head at him.

Emma had curly brown hair that came to her shoulders. She had dark brown eyes with long eyelashes with rosy cheeks and smooth pink lips. She had a flawless complexion.

            Percy took the seat next to her, he had a big smile plastered on his face. He had straight brown hair that came past his ears and bangs that waved to the right side. He had electric blue eyes with high cheeks bones.

            “What are you reading,” he asked poking her in the arm a bunch of times.

            “It’s none of your business,” she shot back at him as she covered up her book. His smile disappeared and he looked down at his book. Defeated, he started reading it.

            Then the atmosphere in the room changed. Emma looked and saw through the window the gray and cloudy sky as the rain began to pour. A guy entered the room and everything around him seemed to stop. This guy had black straight hair that came to his ears and his bangs were spiked up. His eyes were a cold, ice blue. He had a movie star image, but that leather jacket that he wore completed his look. He walked in as if he was floating. Emma followed him with her eyes as he took the seat next to her. He caught her looking at him and turned to her.

            “My name is Jack,” he said in a silky voice.

            “I’m Emma,” she said.

            “It’s nice to meet you,” he said pulling out a notebook from his backpack.

            “You too,” she smiled.

            At lunch Percy and Emma were sitting at a circular table in the back of the cafeteria. Percy was being annoying as usual.