𝟬𝟭․ Arrival to the Old Memories

CHAPTER ONEArrival to the Old Memories

CHAPTER ONE
Arrival to the Old Memories

The arrival area in the famous Incheon International Airport, from left to right there were family reunions. Crying of happiness, everyone was accustomed to those sounds. People who arrived walked through the automated sliding doors, leaving their suitcases before running towards their loved ones who were waiting for them on the other side.

A female took a breath as she walked through those same doors, watching their reunions. Strangers who spared her nothing but a glance which quickly took their focus on their loved ones. Wishing she could be like those families or friends, hugging her loved ones like anyone in this airport right now. Thinking about it made her heart break a million pieces.

After 10 minutes of standing there, a noise was heard in her purse. She quickly took it out before a small smile appeared across her face once she saw the caller's name. In an instant, she answered the call. "Hello?"

"I am on my way, sorry! I accidentally slept while studying for my exams. I set two alarms and long story short, I didn't wake up for any of them!" Her best friend could be heard panting at the other line as though he had been running to his car.

The female couldn't do anything about it as it was a fair mistake anyone could make and it wasn't his responsibility to pick her up. "Jaeyun, it's okay you don't have to pick me up. I could just call a ta-" "No, I told you I would pick you up and I will do that. I can't let you down! I am in my car right now. Please wait until I come, I will be there as fast as I can. As long there is no traffic or sh*t," he interpreted in an almost pleading tone. Knowing she couldn't say no to anyone pleading.

"It's fine, Jaeyun ... Alright, I will wait. Take your time. Please drive safely. Don't even consider speeding," she half-joked with a light laugh. But knowing him, he would speed up even if it's a little bit.

"No, promises. Stay put and don't even dare leave the airport. I will be there as soon as possible! Will call if I can't find you," he told her. She hummed in response just as the call ended. Looking at the clock on her phone, it read 7:20 p.m. It wasn't in any of the rush hours, but people were still driving from work to home after a long day. Especially in the capital of South Korea.