Chapter Twelve

I don't know what I like so much about her. She's just kinda... interesting. I don't think I want her to find someone else. I don't want to leave her either. For some reason, throughout this entire week I've slowly began to like her more and more. To be honest, I feel as though I truly do love her. I think before we had sex for the first time I began to distance myself. I probably shouldn't have. She's beginning to mean... a lot to me. I don't really know what to do with her anymore. We're going to New Mexico together. I'm gonna take her to see a few of the states along the way. I want her to kind of see more things outside of the box she seemed to live in. It feels weird for me to just brag about all of the places I've gone. I wouldn't want her to feel so left out.

It is kinda awkward though. Another reason why I tried my best to not catch any feelings. Her world is so small, it's sad. I want to introduce things to her. I want to be her first in many things. I think I took her virginity. I think I remember talking to her about it or that was a different person. I've had sex with eight people. A lot, sure. I don't know. I guess I found it easy to get to the point where it didn't matter to me. But as of lately, I've been liking this. We had sex two times, Faye and I.

I like it when she says my name. I like it when she looks up at me. I look at her a lot when I'm with her. I'm pretty excited to be on the road with her too. She seems like a fun person to go on a road trip with. To me it never felt like a road trip, always felt like a 'job'. This time is truly does feel like a hobby. Faye seems to trust me a lot, probably not a good thing, but for my case (and hopefully only my case) this is a good thing. Things aren't really 'official'. But I don't think she cares nor do I. If she was around a guy and they asked who I am, I swear to god if she doesn't call my her boyfriend I might just lose it. Fuck that five date rule, a stupid thing to mention and even bring up. She's my girl friend.

Her biological last name reminds me of something. I don't really remember. But just rings a few bells that's all. I hope her name originates from somewhere that doesn't make me uncomfortable . This last job should be alright. I got a small part. I won't tell Faye why we're going there. I'll do my best to keep it a secret. She seems alright though. She doesn't ask too many questions about my past life. I try not to lie, but I do my best to keep things lower then what they need to be. I've decided that once Faye graduates high school and once I get my life together, we could spend the rest with each other. I want to get out of this situation just as much as she wants to get out of high school. This one last job should finally put me in the clear. I'm going to fake my death and spend the rest of my years with Faye.

"Yeah..." Faye said to Joe as she stared at him with doe eyes. "I guess I am leaving early... I'll be back in the middle of summer. I think. So we can still hang out and stuff after."

Joe tilted his head and locked his jaw with frustration. "Really? After everything I told you about him, you're going on what like a fifty state tour?" Faye smiled and rolled her eyes. Joe noticed and took a deep breath. "But I'll talk to Lee about... this. I'll tell him it's an emergency, a real one too. Okay?" Faye smiled and hugged Joe around his waist. She scrunched her nose as he puts his hands on her back and rubbed slowly. "Can you just tell me, very quickly, where you guys are really going?" Joe asked with suspicion in his tone and intent.

"Yeah we're going to New Mexico! I'm really excited! We're gonna see the grand canyon!"

"What day are you guys leaving?"

"Right now!" Faye replied back with a wide smile. Faye looked over at the teacher who graded her writing, speaking, and questions final. She got a ninety five perfect which didn't really surprise her.

"You got five points off for punctuation and for tone. But other than that you did a very good job. Your accent was perfect and your conjugation is really good too. So congratulations." Faye smiled and shook the hand that was stretched out for her to shake. "Alright enjoy your summer break. Good job."