The Sixteen Dragons

Prologue

Long ago, before the Age of Heroes, the great Realm was discovered. It is said that one night falling stars were seen from the other side of the Great Sea. Sixteen brave brothers voyaged across and found Sixteen different coloured lands with a sleeping dragon in the middle of each. Each brother created a bond with a dragon and from then on the dragon's land was his. The eldest brother was curious and noticed that seventeen stars had fallen from the sky yet they only found sixteen dragons so he ventured into the dark forest on the edge of the Realm with the dragon he bonded with and never came back. In his memory, his brothers left the largest land, surrounded by the rest and named it the Citadel. A large Wall was made at the boundaries of the dark forest and no one dared to enter. When each brother died, his immortal dragon would chose a worthy replacement. The Citadel was a peaceful city and the Realm and their lords were in harmony. Although, after the passing of the Age of Heroes, the lands fell into turmoil. Some complained of famine, others of long winters and disastrous forest fires. The Lords locked themselves up in their great halls and left the common folk to die, pleading at their front gates, The Citadel fell into corruption and a group called the Council took control of the once peaceful and beautiful Realm and trashed it to the grounds. And then, the first dragon vanished. The Kingdom of the missing dragon was in outrage; they claimed that one of the other kingdoms stole their dragon and war broke loose. So much death, so much distruction. One by one, each dragon vanished and was never found again. 

ISAAC:

THUD. A strange feeling rose up my back as I fell and landed on the moist, forest ground. My head was spinning and nothing made sense. As my vision came into focus, I noticed I was lying in a circle of seven. Seven strange faces that for some reason seemed so familiar. I looked carefully at these seven, unconscious faces that rose this feeling in my back. This feeling of sadness, loss, love and family. As I put my mind hard at work to figure out who they were, why I felt this and what they meant to me. Then something panicked attacked my heart. I couldn't remember anything! How did I get here? Who was I? Was I lost? As I consulted myself in panic, the group of seven began to wake. One by one, we all went through this same process; strange familiarity, inner panic and then it fell silent. We all stared into each others panicked eyes. I knew who they were. I knew each of us, but the only thing I remembered was our names. We were the Primuses. I am Isaac Primus, and this is the story of how my siblings and I found ourselves an adevnture.