Chapter 2| madder than a hatter

Back in Wonderland

Back in Wonderland.

I and the girls walked down the city streets with colorful mushrooms covering the walls of houses and different colored streets that winded different ways.

Everyone parted a path for us cause they knew not to mess with us. After all, we were the three of the most famous wonderland girls in Wonderland.

"ha-ah, ha-ah, ha-ah, ah-ah"the three of us harmonized.

"ha-ah, ha-ah, ha-ah, ah-ah"we repeated as other people we knew joined us in singing and dancing as we walked along the winding paths.

"woke up in a haze, nothing on her brain." the three of us sang together.

"full of empty smiles."I sang by myself shocking some people who didn't know I could sing that well." they'll say, sit and stay awhile." the three of us sang together.

"her head up in the clouds." Madelyn took her hat off and waved it at people pacing by as her mouse sat on my shoulder.

"where has she gone now?" Lizzie sang in an enchanting voice.

"Then Alice took a fall into the rabbit hole," I told my mother's story.

"so the story goes." we three sang before everyone in the town joined and danced with us.

"alive, Alice, heart and soul, fell into a rabbit hole."

"dreamers dream until they don't."madi sang.

"lost her mind a while ago," Lizzie mentioned with whirls around her head showing her going crazy.

"Alice, Alice, don't you know Wonderland was all a hoax?" we all sang again.

"made it up so she could cope," I mentioned remembering what my mom had been going through with her father and my grandpa dying before she left.

"madder than a hatter, Alice." the three of us sang as the group went back to what they were doing acting like nothing happened as we continued down the path to where the Cheshire cat hung around.

We all harmonized arms linked as we skipped through the trees and saw the same sign my mother ran into when she first got here and when she met the Cheshire cat.

"Alice stayed at home, losing track of time."we all sang looking around for the cat." staring at the ceiling, she escaped into her mind." the Chesire cat repeated the last part to us after appearing behind us floating by the sign." like the Cheshire cat, the ceiling fades to black. and in her mind shell drown." we sang as the cat floated into the water slowing disappearing into it until he was fully under as we sang."as she chassed the rabbit down, down, down." and continued on our way dancing along the path like last time but without a crowd of people just the three of us as we approached Madi's dad's house where I and my mother usually stay." Alice, Alice, heart and soul, fell into a rabbit hole."