The Hangout

I looked in the mirror in my bedroom, making sure I looked presentable. The guy I liked was coming to my house. What else was I supposed to do?

There was a knock on the door, and my heart began to pound. I wasn't supposed to be this nervous. I walked out of my room, down the hallway, down a flight and opened the door. Aiden waved and smiled. "Hey!" He said, winking. I am not sure I it was by accident or if he is trying to be cute. I nodded and invited him in.

"How are you doing?" I asked him. He looked at me with his beautiful, hazel eyes. "I'm good." "Hey, you want to watch a movie?" I asked, trying desperately to break the awkward silence. Aiden tucked his hair behind his ear and grinned. "Of course."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of microwave popcorn, taking it out of its wrapper and throwing it into the microwave for two minutes and thirty seconds. "So," I said, looking at Aiden. "What do you want to watch?"

The microwave beeped. I opened the door without thinking and burned my hand on the sides of the bag.

I squeaked softly, turning away from Aiden, hoping he hasn't seen what I did. Or how stupidly weak I was acting because of it.

Aiden panicked, and opened the freezer in search of something cold. He cursed under his breath, held two ice cubes and closed the freezer. He set the freezing cubes on my burned hand. I relaxed my shoulders and let out a long sigh. "Thanks." I said, looking at Aiden. "About the movie."

Aiden chuckled. "I'll watch whatever you want to watch." He quickly and swiftly gripped the popcorn bag and opened it up quickly. He removed the ice cubes from my skin and looked at my hand. "Are you okay, or do you need newer, colder cubes?" I shook my head. "I'll be fine."

We walked to my bedroom and sat on the floor. I strained my wrist to get a hold of the TV remote on in front of me. I sat back with the remote in my hand, and turned on the TV above my bed, and then turned on Netflix.

I flipped through the movies that we could watch. I stopped at "Not Cool" by Shane Dawson. I looked at Aiden. "How about this?" Aiden nodded and sat back. I pressed the 'OK' button on the remote and sat back.

Aiden munched on the popcorn, one kernel at a time. The movie started... about fifteen minutes ago. Aiden swallowed and looked at me. "Hey, Collie..." He said hesitantly.

I looked at him, my eyebrows slanted. "What's up?" I paused the movie. He looked at me, then the floor, then at me again. "Are you interested in anyone?" He asked, instantly cupping his hands over his mouth afterwards.

My stomach was in literal knots.
It was so sudden.
What should I say?
Should I just tell the truth?

"Well... Yeah..." I stuttered. "Why?" Aiden shrugged. "...who is the special person?"

Oh no. This was really starting to get personal.

I sniffed the air and took a deep breath. "Well... I kind of like you."
Aiden gasped and twitched. "R-Really?" He seemed so uncomfortable.
What have I done?

"Who is your special someone?" I returned the question. "...do you like me, too?"

Aiden huffed. "Look, you're super nice, and one of my best friends and all... But I'm not interested in you in that way."

I twisted my neck. "How come? Am... I not, like-" Aiden shushed me quickly. "There is nothing not to like about you. You're cute, you're bubbly, you're quirky... but I'm just not attracted to you in a way that is just.. more than friends."

"But why?" I hope I'm not sounding annoyed.

Aiden really was starting to look uncomfortable. "Uhh.. I-I..."

He was keeping something from me. I do not want to force him to tell me, but I don't want him to not tell me.
I was about ready to pin him to the floor.
Is that bad?

"Aiden..." I quivered. "Are you alright?"

Aiden bit his lip and looked at the ground. I scooted closer to him. "C-mon, buddy.. Why don't you like me? You don't seem to have any reason not to..." I really hope I wasn't sounding, or acting thirsty or rude. I just wish I knew.

Aiden shook, his fingers drumming the floor. I took his hand and squeezed it. "Aiden. Talk to me." I raised my eyebrows. "Why don't ya like lil ol' collie here?" I elbowed him softly and climbed on top of his lap.

What was I doing?

Aiden grinded his teeth.

He was keeping something from me.

I took hold of his wrists and held them to the floor, next to his head. I was now awkwardly laying on him.

"Why don't you like me?" I said, particularly more loud then the other times I have asked. Not screaming, though.

He wriggled under my tight grasp, but still said nothing.

I felt like yelling.

"Come on, Aiden! Why don't you like me?" I sort of yelled that time.

Aiden's cheeks were a bright pink. "Collie!"

"Why?!"

Aiden finally gave in. "Because I'm gay!"
___________________
I honestly have no idea about what to say about this chapter accept that I put a ton of work into it
Thanks for reading, bro.