~ The Winner of the Dons ~

"You transfer student i'll be sure to show you a type of meat you've never seen!" Ikumi says, a wide grin on her face, she seemed to be enjoying herself. She pulled off a white cloth to reveal a huge A5 meat hanging off a stand.

The Meat was almost as tall as Ikumi herself, but she payed no mind to it and began precisely moving her butcher knife to remove all the unwanted meat. You watched in awe as Ikumi skillfully moved, her strength being shown off at her tricks. In addition to you, the entire crowd watched in awe at Ikumi's skills.

By the time she was done, her meat was cut up so perfectly you could practically see the crowd drooling. You laughed to yourself at their reaction. Ikumi then began on her dish, a seemingly new confidence vibrating off her as she recalled your words. She took a moment to glance back at you, before gathering her utensils.

She began by browning the outer part, then scooping some butter and spreading it all over the meat. You smile proudly as she used the technique you taught her, these two steps usually help keep the juices of the meat enclosed. She then placed the meat in the oven, before glancing at Yukihira. You took this moment to also switch your attention from Ikumi's cooking to Yukihira's.

So far all he had done was chop up a numerous amount of onions. The crowd grew curious to see what type of meat he would pull out to battle against Ikumi's A5 meat. You laughed at the dumbfounded expressions of the crowd as Yukihira pulled out discount convenience store meat. "I was lucky, they just had a special sale." He added, enraging the crowd.

You found it rather amusing however, Yukihira's strength didn't lie in the ingredients, he could cook anything using any ingredients, that was his strength. And you were excited to see how he would use that strength in this battle. Ikumi grinned smugly, assuming she had already won.

Ikumi turned her attention back to her own dish, and used a metal stick to check the temperature of her dish. She then grabbed her knife and began carefully cutting up the meat. Ikumi's tenderness and sensibility shines the most when she's touching meat, this was her strength. Meat was her strength.

Her fingers gracefully glided over the meat, and began slicing it in just the right places. She was almost like an elegant pianist playing the piano. Ikumi turned back to Soma, who was busy frying and browning his onions.

She attempted to bring down his confidence and trash talk him some more, but was quickly shut up when Soma placed a finger on his lips. "It's common knowledge in the world of chef's that too much talk in the kitchen can't be trusted y'know?" He said, a rather amusing smile upon his lips. His eyes flickered to yours, and he gave you a cheeky grin. Which you returned.

However Ikumi didn't seem very pleased at his comment, but before she could even say anything, the aroma of Soma's dish stopped her. "Times almost up! Please start arranging your dishes!" The cute host announced, as you watched curiously at your two friends as they prettied their dishes. The aroma in the stadium was incredibly amazing, and you could feel your own stomach begin grumbling for food.

🍳🍳🍳

"We'll start with Mito-san's dish! Please present it!" The host asked, as Ikumi made her way towards your table of judges. She gave each of you, your own trays of food. The judges gasped at how beautiful the dish simply was. There was garlic rice at the base of the don and above it, Ikumi had layered the beef into a flower like shape.