CHAPTER 1

Eldora Of The Western Blue Berglil

The noisy and bustling village of Eldora had become as quiet as a graveyard for months.

People only left their houses to get food or other necessities. Usually, men and women traded by the side of the road, children played under tables and carts, teenagers and young adults paraded the streets, chattering. Horses with riders trooped here and there. On a high tower, a maiden would dust her master's coat. Taverns and inns were usually loaded with travelers and drunks, but those days were long gone.

On a midday at five pm, the abandoned, lonely streets and dirty roads were filled with the footprints of officials, leading to the village square. Forks and spears could be seen impaled on the wet ground, a violent testament to a reason even the mouse munching on a fruit sprawled on the ground could tell.

The windows of cottages were closed, mothers hid their young under the bed, doors were locked, and only a few women had the courage to go outside to the square where their fear was being executed.

A thunderous growl could be heard from miles away from the village square, shaking the ground as birds and animals nearby fled.

"Cut it, cut it, cut it, we want its head!" the crowd of mostly men cried, forks and flame torches raised in the air.

In the middle of the square, a beast-like man was chained up with enchanted chain on a pyre. His body was bludgeoned and covered in bruises with multiple stab wounds from his previous assaults.

His eyes were filled with pain and anger. He was a terrifying sight. His long dark ebony hair covered his eyes, which glowed green with slits, giving the appearance of a deadly, vicious snake.

Even on his knees, he easily towered an average person. His skin was pale, he had fangs poking out of his mouth, His shoulders were huge, matching his bulky frame, with his thin waist looking like a starved male lion. He had claws like a bear, sunken cheeks, and poisonous spit that dripped from his mouth.

He was the beast of Western Blue Berglil, who had slain the people in it and mostly in the village of Eldora for unknown reasons known to no one but himself.

The enchanted chains were his only weakness and strong enough to strip his strength. If not, the men standing and wailing at him would have been dead meat.

"Silence!" a voice filled with authority bellowed, shutting the cries of the men. A 5'7" foot man, with white hair and a wrinkled face in his late sixties, stood with two bulky, scarred-looking guards.

Next to them stood a priest holding a big cross to his chest as his lips and legs shook in fear of the monster in front of him.

The white-haired man was Wilson Milo, the Chief of the village. Stepping forward to were the monster was to be executed, he stopped some foot away, looking at the monster with fear and disgust.

Pointing at it, he said, "Alas, my people, we are here today to slay this repulsive animal. It has caused us pain and suffering, pain of which we fear and grieve. This monster not only cut short the lives of fathers, brothers, sisters, and mothers but also innocent children."

He paused, remembering his first son, whose head was found but body missing. He bit his lip to prevent himself from sobbing. Gulping hard, he continued, "We are going to burn it and watch its pain," he shouted with rage in his eyes.

"Aye, burn it, burn it! Burn the beast! Show it no mercy!" the people chanted.

The Chief raised his hand, signaling the guards to light the pyre. One of the guards with a flame torch stepped forward, visibly shaking. About a foot from the pyre, the beast raised his head, looking straight at the guard, his eyes promising death. The guard quivered but still walked forward. When he was close enough, he threw the torch onto the pyre, which caught fire immediately.