Perks

Perks are attributes connected to the characters.

They are usually positive, but they can also be connected to a negative impact (e.g. you can run fast but you lose stamina quickly).

When Perks are used, they can level up in some cases (like Dead By Daylight), yet having this connected to DnD is hard to visualize.

Some Perks can be only used when another single one is equipped. (Marked as "Addition")

The amount of Perks a character has equipped depends on their general stats (experience).

If adding Perks to your characters is too complex too keep up with, you can leave them out and/or go with the rule of thumb.

Common Perks

Attributes every character in my book has

Inventory - each character is equipped with this perk, they can carry items, yet they vary due to the style of clothes/backpack accommodations

Stamina - each character can run, obviously, yet due to the backstory and training some characters have, they run out of stamina more slowly/quickly

Emotions - every character has them, yet some let them get the better of them and therefore they impact their choices

Special Perks

Attributes only specific characters in my book have

Positive (no negative effects):

Auto-Immune : You are indestructible, like a nokia phone.

The Player won't get affected by the attacks/can't receive critical injuries for one round before their turn is again.

This perk can be used once.

Hold My Hand : The Power Of Friendship is what matters most to you and yes, if they jump, you jump too.

The Player sticks together with one designated character for the remainder of the story - this can and cannot include/exclude prewritten destined deaths (Game Master's decision).

Wilted : People might call you a weakling, but you can prove them different.

Any attack/action has +1 more efficiency after in use of this perk.

This perk can be used twice.

Look At The Stars : Not only cats have good vision at night (maybe you're one...)

When in use, this perk allows the player an advantage of vision - granted by a radius. Only effective at night/in darkness.

This perk is active for the entire session.

Back Stabber : People around you are oblivious to the knife you carry in your pocket.

The Player owning this perk has increased sneaking ability and agility.

This perk is active for the entire session.

Scarred Heart : Imagine if your trauma made you not only stronger but also heals you.