Chapter 13

Phoenix~

I heard her before I saw her. I was sitting in the living room, going over some financial documents, when I heard her bare feet walk onto the carpet from the hardwood floors that led from the bedroom into the hallway into the living room. I stood up, then turned around, and while I was dressed for work, Frankie was dressed in a t-shirt and pajama pants.

I had to will my dick to go down once I saw the next day's damage. Her neck looked like she'd been attacked by a monster. I also had to remind my dick that he was nine inches of swollen, sore, tired muscle. Women weren't the only ones that could get sore after too much sex. I had fucked her last night until the sonofabitch had nothing left to defile her with.

"I see you found your overnight bag," I said, greeting her.

"I did," she muttered. "Thank you."

"Are you hungry? Would you like some breakfast?"

"It's almost noon," she pointed out.

"I know that breakfast is your favorite," I replied as I shrugged a shoulder. "I can make you whatever you want."

Frankie arched a brow. "In that suit? You look like you're going off to work."

"I am," I told her. "Or I will be soon, after you get settled."

"I suppose that murder isn't just a nighttime activity," she sneered, and I had to hold back from grabbing her, then spanking her ass like a spoiled child.

"Watch yourself, Francesca," I warned. "Don't act like you detest this lifestyle. You wouldn't be as close to Luca as you are if you did."

"I'm not close to Luca," she threw back. "Not anymore."

"That's where you're wrong," I argued. "But that's between you and him."

She walked further into the living room, and it literally took everything that I had in me not to snatch her up, then pull her close. The sooner that she married me, the sooner that I could get my sanity back.

Frankie glanced at the documents on the table, then looked back at me. "So, what exactly is it that you do?"

"Legally, I'm an accountant," I answered honestly. "I got a degree claiming so."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm sure you do."

"I keep the business books, Frankie. I don't have a legitimate degree, but I'm good with numbers, and I keep Luca's finances in order when I'm not taking care of other obligations."

"And Ciro?"

"He owns and manages a few clubs and bars throughout the city when he's not otherwise occupied."

She finally got to the point, and thank God, because I had shit to do. "What is all this, Phoenix?"

"It's simple." I knew that she was going to fight me-us-on all of this, but it didn't matter. She'd see that soon enough. "You're going to go back to school, get your business degree, and work for Luca in the same capacity as I do."

Her amber orbs widened in shock. "I am not going to go around killing people," she cried, completely astonished at the notion.

"Of course, you're not," I snapped. "I mean the accounting part, Frankie."

Jesus Christ, this girl.

She visibly calmed down, and I realized how bizarre this conversation was. "And?" she asked because she wasn't stupid.

"I'll maintain the accounts of the businesses off the books while you'll oversee the legitimate businesses, including any of Ciro's business ventures."

"And?" she asked, her eyes narrowing.