𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

She sprawled on the floor, her body defeated, her heart flooding with unwanted emotions, making her fall weak.

She didn't have a breakdown in years.

She doesn't want to fall weak.

Not before finding the root cause of everything.

Her eyes dripped with the painful tears she has been keeping to herself, not allowing them to fall, binding her self-confidence in a safe cocoon, guarding it against the world.

But it's not the same today.

She isn't strong today.

If only the wall she had created in these years came crashing to the ground the moment she heard those words from his lips, in his cold tone, acting as if she never mattered to him.

She looked at her bloodied knuckles, the prize of punching straight into the closet mirror. She could feel the tiny pieces of glass pierced in her skin, but that was not the cause of her pain. His words were.

"I wish I had known you wouldn't be worth it."

Her eyes watered on their own accord the moment she remembered his words again, his cold, unloving voice running in her brain like a siren. Unable to breathe the air of the moment, her lips parted, her chest felt heavier than before. Slowly, very slowly, she kept her bleeding hands on her beating heart. What if it stops beating? Will people remember her? Forget about her? Will they mourn her?

Will he remember her?

He won't.

And that hurts.

She lay on the marbled floor, sideways, remembering the days when she had no one to rely on.

She still doesn't have anyone by her side.

Shanaya flinched the moment she heard the beeping sound of her door's digital lock as if someone was pressing the code to enter her apartment.

Struggling, she kept her hand on the floor to balance herself but ended up hissing in pain when she noticed the glass being pierced deeper into her skin. Blood oozing out of the wound, her skin burned, the pain is unbearable but she has learned to endure the pain.

That's what she has been doing for years.

Her heart started pumping hastily when she heard the footsteps. Her eyes unable to look up, her heart clenched, the insides of her stomach churned in sheer discomfort and... fear.

She felt a shadow. She knows who that belongs to.

Letting out a shaky exhale, blinking her eyes to shed the tears blurring her vision, she noticed his shoes.

It's him.

Standing in front of her with an emotionless face, his clothes still from earlier, the blazer was nowhere to be seen, his untucked satin white shirt seemed a bit dirty, that's not like him.

She gathered the courage to range her eyes to his dark ones. Slowly looking upwards, she found him staring at her hands, the cuts, the blood oozing out of the terrible wound. Through her peripheral vision, she noticed his hands curling, his eyes still boring holes at a certain portion, but no words were uttered by him.

Shanaya gave him a rueful smile, her eyes red and puffy, not the Shanaya he met a few hours ago. This woman, sitting on the floor, is a defeated woman with a childhood that no child should deserve. This woman is nothing but a discarded girl who was thrown out by the people beside her.

Inhaling a struggling breath, she finally parted her lips to say something.

"Why are you here?" She questioned him, trying her best to make it sound stern but it came out as a whisper. Vulnerable, so breakable that he ended up taking an absent minded step towards her.

"Perhaps to remind me that I am not worth it?" She let out a mirthless chuckle, tears streaming down from her eyes as she bit her lips to contain her sob from reaching his ears.

She didn't even complete the sentence when Abhir strode towards her. Leaning down to her, he carefully picked her up in his arms, circling around the room as Shanaya fisted her palm, trying not to touch him and make him feel disgusted. He then made her sit on the dining table, the closest surface he could find.

Wasting no time, he tried to reach out for the bloodied hand, but she yanked it back from his hold before he could check it. He glared at her, though she wasn't looking at him, she could feel his angry, raw eyes on her.

"Hands. Here," he ordered sternly.

She did nothing.

When she didn't move for another minute, he forced out to get hold of her hand. Despite her silent denial, he finally saw the most heartbreaking scene before him. His hold tightened on her hand, her head tucked low, crying softly as he was shaking in anger... and hurt.

"Didn't I warn you, Shanaya? That I'll kill you with my fucking hands if I even find a single scratch on your skin?" he gritted through his clenched jaw, his eyes brimming with a storm, ready to scramble everything. His angry eyes stayed on her when she uttered no word. Closing and opening his eyes, he slipped two of his fingers under her chin, jerking upwards to make her look into his eyes.

His world scrambled when he witnessed her vulnerability, the pain in her teary eyes, the pain she has endured, the real her, his Shanaya. The one he thought was dead for years.

"Just because I am breathing, that doesn't mean I am alive."

That's the prologue for now, How was it
?