Car

It's five thirty in the morning. Still very early in the day. All the kittens are still asleep. Except for Aoi. The noise of the subway nearby always wakes him up. "Not enough sleep today..." he mumbles. "Hey Reita, wake up already!" But Reita isn't a morning type of kitten. In that regard he's a lot like Hiro. It's really best to leave Hiro alone in the morning. And Hiro's friend and fellow carer Takashi...where Takashi ran off to last night...Hiro has given up on asking. "Reita...wakey WAKEY!! Here is your SUPER-star...HEYYYY!! Reita...Reityyy why don't you wake up...You're snoring dude, like incredibly loud!" Reita finally wakes up. "Hey...what do you want from me...just lemme sleep..." "It's more fun when you're awake..."

The sound isn't Reita's snoring. It's the building owner's running car engine. The owner always checks the building at six thirty. "But first I'll drink a large bowl of coffee. In the kitchen." He leaves the Hummer engine running so it can warm up.

Reita is having breakfast. Aoi waits beside him. "I'd really appreciate a bite to eat first. The day is best started with a good breakfast." Aoi runs off. "I don't have time for breakfast! I'm off to that car." Reita calls after him. "We're not allowed to go near the car, Aoi! Takashi told us not to!" "You see Takashi anywhere? I sure don't!"

Back in the box the others have woken up. Ruki looks around. "Where'd everybody go...why don't they ever wake me up on time...I always miss out on the fun things this way..." "You sleep five minutes late, and half the group is gone..." Uruha sighs. Kai complains: "I'm thirsty." Kai had hoped his muddy eye would've been cured today. "Guess not...maybe tomorrow."

Aoi has climbed the tree. "Hiro! Uruha! Look! Your baby is up in the tree!" Nobody looks. "I guess if nobody watches, all this extremely dangerous climbing is sort of pointless..."

That's a rare occasion. Being home alone, and having the entire box all to yourself. Uruha is all alone. "Sound the alarm! There's a spider here! A really scary one, with hairy black legs..." Uruha yells as he plays around. "Where'd it go? Heyyy spider, where are you?"

Aoi and Reita climbed into the car. "Say, you know...Reita...this hideout, you know... This hideout can move." "Of course it can, I know that...It's because it has wheels and all." "But can you make it move? Because I believe the owner is still drinking his coffee...and we can't keep waiting around for him." "No, we can't keep waiting around for him..." "I'm sure we can take it for a little ride by ourselves, right? Can't be that hard...I'll start off by climbing onto this large black hoop. BEEP!! Like BEEP!!" Aoi says laughing before falling off the seat. "Ouch!" "What are you doing?" "What does it look like I'm doing? I dropped straight down on that gear stick with my butt." "Did it hurt?" "Well, no...I have a very high pain threshold!"

Hiro has woken up and is now looking for Reita and Aoi. "I could've sworn I found five kittens. Where are Reita and Aoi? They better not be doing anything dangerous." "Sheesh, moving down from up here is a lot scarier than the other way around." Aoi says, looking down. "There...finished my coffee." the owner says. "That was fabulously delicious...now to work." "Reita, let's get out of here - the owner is coming!" Aoi yells as he runs off. "Now how did I get up here in the first place?" Reita mumbles. "What did I hold on to while climbing? I can't remember..." He looks around. "Oh wait, through the side..."

Hiro is still looking for Reita and Aoi. "Reita...Aoi...where are you two?" Reita sees the owner. "There he is! Need to get out of here..." He climbs onto the big wheel of the car. "Ohh, I've never jumped down from such height before..." Reita slowly climbs down, before jumping and running off. That did hurt quite a bit...but that's still better than getting the owner angry. "I sure did set a new national record in climbing!" Aoi yells. "Hmm, there's Aoi and Reita..." Uruha mumbles. "Show-offs." Ruki says. "I'll just pretend I don't see them." Kai follows. "Your friend did just happen to set a new national record, okay?!" "And I had my first driving lesson." Reita says smiling. Uruha looks at Reita, surprised. "What? No way!" "Yes way, Uruha. In the Hummer. In the owners Hummer."

Aoi is fighting Ruki. "I'm the toughest of this entire box! I can best any of you!" Aoi yells. Ruki grins. "Do you think so? No way mister, I can handle you! Say 'mercy'!" "Mercy my butt! Soon I'll be just as strong as Takashi!"

------------------------------------

Picture is Hiro in this story. More to be released soon