Hotel Ceiling

Chapter 1 ➖ Hotel Ceiling

Sooooo a new story hope you all enjoy it.

The sky is gray, indicating that it's gonna rain. When i was a kid, mom told me that when it's raining that means somebody is crying. More people are coming. I sit under a tree, watching the sky when somebody tap my shoulder.

"Come on, it's about to start" said Laura. The grief in her eyes are enough to me. I know what about to start.

When i walk near the coffin, i spot Laura and Adam crying. Her eyes are puffy and Adam still trying to keep his composure. When the Priest start the procession, i dare to take a look, everybody is crying. Damn, they're crying for somebody that they don't even know. I can't cry anymore, i'm running out of tears.

When i take a look of him, he is lying in the bed, peacefully and unresponsive to the hysterical cries that are surrounding him. My feets start walking like they have their own brain. I don't care about the funeral anymore. Next thing that i know, i'm screaming.

My own scream woke me up. My body is trembling and i realized that i am sweating. It's dark outside, probably two in the morning. Staring at the pictures at my bed stand and yesterday events start flooding in my brain.

I was eating my breakfast, humming a song. "Hon, please turn the tv on. I want to watch the news" yelled dad.

He's lazy i know. Since my mom passed away, we became closer. Like eating breakfast together, movie night, cooking dinner together. It became a routine. I turned the tv on and then i felt a peck on my cheek.

I looked up and saw my dad smiling, "Morning to you too daddy" he chuckled at my respond and started munching on his bread.

"Welcome to the breaking news. As ships, planes and helicopters scour the waters off Indiana ocean for missing Aussie Airlines flight A320, there have been several reports of possible signs of the missing plane.The airbus A320 is a passanger plain, carrying 150 people. They are on the way to Manchester....please contact us if you need more information and please report to the nearest police station if your family was on the Aussie Airlines flight A320..."

Wait a minute. A320, it clicked on mind. I've seen that number before. I fished for my phone and started scrolling and scrolling. My jaws dropped when i found the flight number on some specific text messages from someone specific.

Hi babe! The plane is boarding and soon we're flying to infinity and beyond! Aye, i miss watching toy story with you. It's been two weeks without ya xx

Oh i almost forget about this one. My plane flight is A320! See you soon babe ;)x

"Dad...it's...it's" my voice was croaked and i was crying.

'Jesus, is it true? Please bring him to me, safely,' i thought to myself.

Probably my dad was looking at me like i'm crazy, but the truth was i didn't care, "Brie, what is it? Why are you crying? Baby, answer it."

I could feel the worry in his voice, but i couldn't bring myself to answer him. I tried to speak, but i could not. I kept trying, opened my mouth and then closed it again. I was like a goldfish gaping for air.

"Dad, Camelot... He is in the plane. It is his flight number."

Cam was my boyfriend of one year, we're happy together. Somehow i knew that he's the one. We planned to go to the same college, lived in one apartment together, we were pretty serious. Camelot and i had an agreement that if we're going somewhere with a plane or train, we would give the information about the trip including the transportation to each other. Well you know, we couldn't predict the future.

"we've got some good news here, the police had found it. Witness Cory Vaughn, 27-years old fisherman, who was near the spot said that he heard a loud noise. When he tried to approach the noise, he saw a plane and the wings was smoking. He said that he called 911 but the signals were poor. From the current shape of the plane, we definitely can hope for survivors. The left wing are damaged but the right wing are fractured. The pilot tried to land it, but it was not enough. The door was opened before...."

Hope.

It was the only thing that kept me for hyperventilating.

"Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
And blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen."

I prayed and prayed for him and for everyone else who were in the plane. It's been 19 hours since the horrible news. After i went to the toilet to empty my bladder, i faced myself. There are two long streaks of tears. There's a fresh cut on my lower lip, because i bit them. One word for my hair, disaster.

*RING...RING*

"Aubrie, baby, are you okay?! I just woke up and bloody hell, i can't believe it..." as she keep ranting about the airplane crashed, i bang my head to the wall. Her cheery voice is annoying as hell. Even she's currently my daddy's newest fling, i can't help it. She is australian and currently in Dubai. She workes for Emirates, how lucky.

I gritted my teeth and want to say something like, 'Aye Luce, i do really want to talk and catch up with you. But, IT IS TWO FREAKING AM. Just go and stuff your face with foods because you're so tiny and i fear that you don't have enough nutrition in your body and you'll be dead soon. Oops'

Preparing myself with fake happy tone, "Yea luce, thank you for your attempt to cheer me up. Full of rainbows and unicorns as always -i chuckled for a sec- anyway, got to go! Talk to you later and bye."

Yeah i just said that. Score for me.

*RING...RING*

Fuck. Who's next?

"Hello, Aubrie here."

"Brie, thank God, he is alive. My baby is alive! Get your ass here, now. See you soon!"

------------------::::-------------------
1st Track - Hotel Ceiling by Rixton

I can see it coming round full circle my friend.
On the TV they said they had reported you dead.
It was my fault 'cause I could've sworn that you said,
It was easy to find another for your bed.

How does it feel to leave me this way,
When all that you have's been lost in a day?
Everyone knows, but not what to say.
I've been wonderin' now.

I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
Drinking everything I've found this evening,
Trying to hold onto the sweetest feeling,
So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.
Start to see this, everyone I know cannot believe this.
Trying to hold onto the sweetest feeling,
So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely now.

When my eyes open, morning pulls me into the view, no
I guess I'm only acting in the way that you do.
Just being alone, no.
Only time tells me more than I hoped, all that I know is
I'll be fine in a fortnight, lo and behold,
I knew I shouldn't have let you go.

I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
Drinking everything I've found this evening,
Trying to hold onto the sweetest feeling,
So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.
Start to see this, everyone I know cannot believe this.
Trying to hold onto the sweetest feeling,
So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely now.

I can see it coming round full circle, my friend.
On the TV they said they had reported you dead.

a/n

AYE 1ST CHAPPIE! well obviously i am new, if you spot a typo, please notify me kayy? I hope you like it!

Comment. Vote. Follow me;)