Chapter 33 | Bloody

The scream ceases as it gets replaced by the silence once more.

I stand there, trying to listen some more, but I hear nothing.

Um... What is happening in there??

Before my brain can come up with any mind-blowing theory about what really happened, the door unexpectedly opens-

Ohssh-

I find myself tumbling backwards...

But I'm fortunate enough to be caught by someone.

I properly stand on my feet then turn over in an alarmed countenance to find who it was.

It was Damon.

Even with my eyes fixed upon his, I can still see him seizing my arms with his bloody hands in the corner of my eyes, while holding a sharp knife in his right hand, whose blade was originally glossy white now has been reddened with blood.

I stare into his eyes, they are still dark but not as dark as before. The extreme rage I saw in his eyes is gone, I can't see it visible in him anymore and that's good, I guess?

After a moment, he detaches his hands from me, leaving blood stains on my uniform as I can only freeze in response.

I don't know how to properly react. I just swallow my saliva.

He seriously did it, didn't he?

Gosh...

When I regain my composure, the first thing that comes to my mind is to do nothing but check on the man who touched me.

I know something horrendous has happened...

I'm very aware of it and I know damn well that the action I'm about to take will scar me for the rest of my life I will spend walking on this freaking earth but I-

I just can't help my nosiness.

So I deliberately move my gaze towards the messy pile of something red in my peripheral vision.

But before I can do it, Damon suddenly shields my sight with his broad chest as he takes a step to the side, making me look up at him inquiringly.

"It's maybe best not to see it." He whispers and snatches my arm.

...

The next thing I know, he has already taken me to the rest-room, and after checking if there's anyone in here, he locks its door.

Um... Wh- what happened back there... Did he seriously cut that man's hand?!

"Wh- what did you do?" I squint my eyes at him, somehow finding the courage in me to speak as he casually walks to the sink, putting the folding knife under the stream of water to wash the blood off of it.

"Did- did you... Kill him?"

He lets out a chuckle, which is quite hard to notice with the sound of water pouring incessantly from the faucet going on at the same time, but I can hear it and see that he's smiling right now through the mirror...

He finds satisfaction in what he just did?

"Don't worry, love. I have reduced his punishment down to..."

"Cutting his fingers." He turns to look at me with a smirk on his face.

Wha- that's terrible and he's smiling? What the actual f-?!