Trek

Hael watched Levi fall in slow motion. Her body wouldn't respond to her call and she fell to her knees as he fell. There was nothing she could do. There was no way he could survive that. With his hand tangled, he was hurtling head first toward the ground. "Levi!" A hoarse shriek ripped from her throat as he smashed hard into the grass.

She was dreaming, she had to be.

This couldn't happen.

The still had so much to do together.

It couldn't be over.

No.

No.

Regaining control of her body and forgetting Nagi was there, Hael got off her hands and knees and ran to Levi, tears streaming behind her as she went.

"Levi!" Hael sobbed, laying over his broken form. "Levi. Don't you dare leave me! I will kill you if you die!"
Nagi approached with tears clouding her eyes and running down her face, "Daddy?" She said softly, "Daddy!" She ran forward and dropped over her mother and father.
"I love you. You can't go. I came back, now its your turn... For me. Please! We still have so much time. Nagi needs you... I need you." She said, voice shaking and final words too quiet and broken to hear.

Hael couldn't see straight. She couldn't think straight. Now what was she supposed to do? She was alone out here with her child. It was all her fault. All of it. She shouldn't have brought them here. Why had she even come out here?

Nagi didn't know what was going on. Her Daddy was going to wake up and call her a brat. She reached a hand out and touched his shoulder; then it happened again.

Nagi's vision flashed with black, then she was seeing her father laying in the back of a wagon. A red bandage was tied around his head. As she watched, her mother crawled toward her prone father. She tenderly lifted his head into her lap and sat back, her face the color of a tomato.

It was over as quickly as it had come. When she opened her eyes again, she saw her mother kneeling between her and her father, staring at her intently, her face streaked with drying tears.

Hael heard Nagi gasp; she swung around in time to see her hair begin to flicker when it hit her. For a breif moment, she was overcome by despair; she was alone. Her husband was dead and her daughter was having some sort of fit. She sobbed and collapsed on Levi's still chest. Then, like a spotlight through the fog, it hit her. What she was doing out here.

She had taken them to bring Nagi to a magic man. To find out about the strange abilities and happenings around her. Maybe he could save Levi. Maybe he could breathe life into him again. Maybe-- she noticed Nagi was now staring back at her. "Nagi! Are you alright?"
Nagi sniffled and said, "Daddy."
"Nagi! We may be able to save him!"
Nagi perked up and said, "How?"

And so Hael told Nagi of the mystical man who lives outside the walls. Together, they made a sort of sled for Levi's body out of the extra clothes Hael had packed them each.

They began trekking across the fields and forests to where Hael knew the man resided. They didn't see a single Titan, though Nagi could hardly put one foot in front of the other.

Finally they crested a hill to see a little stone and wood house in a sunny glade. "That's it!" Hael exclaimed, forcing her aching arms to hold on and drag Levi a little faster.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the front door. Hael put up her hand and rapped sharply on the door. It seemed to echo strangely. Nagi gripped Hael's leg and hid behind her as the door swung open. A man stood in the doorway.

-------------

Sorry I haven't done a note in a while. I didn't want to ruin the mood of the cliff hangers! I hope you've been on the edge of you seat; I have been, writing it! Enjoy!