Chapter 1

Y/n is the not-so-popular kind of girl, other than the usual friend group, nobody tries to talk to her. There's this one guy who is always surrounded by girls. These girls fawn over him, they trip over themselves and fight one another. He pays them no mind, it seems as though he isn't interested in them. Few of the other girls including some of Y/n's friends thought he was gay with how many girls he rejects daily.

Now he hasn't noticed Y/n. Of course, because he has too many other women to notice.. or so Y/n thought. But today is different. He has two classes with her and they'll be getting really close because the professor just put the two of them on a science project together. Y/n is usually at the top of her class but since this boy has blessed her eyes this semester, she's been slacking...

"Y/n! Pay attention!" The teacher yells.

"Oh, sorry. What did you say?" She replies.

"No, it's okay. I'll go to her." A boy puts his hand up.

Eren pulls up a chair next to Y/n, smiles, and places his pencil behind his ear

Eren pulls up a chair next to Y/n, smiles, and places his pencil behind his ear. Y/n immediately got nervous. Her armpits and palms started sweating, thighs getting stuck to one another, she thought to herself "Damn, why did I have to wear a skirt today?" She started tugging at the fabric, trying to rub her clammy hands on the skirt and wipe them dry.

"You good?" Eren asks.

"Yeah." She smiles.

The professor's voice fades in after Y/n starts paying attention.

"Armin and Annie, you two have the rusting of iron. Levi and Mikasa have finger print analysis.  Eren and Y/n, you both have the working of a human heart. 

"Wait, what's this for?" Y/n asks.

"If you were paying attention, it's your science project." The professor continued to explain. "Now class, this project goes for 80% of your overall grade. No do overs, no extra credit, no retakes, no nothing. It's also a dual partnership and a grade will be issued for both participants. If nobody completes it then nobody gets a grade. It's due Monday as well."

The bell rings, and everybody except Y/n stands up. The remaining classmates collect their belongings and leave to start their weekend and projects.

"So how do you wanna do this Y/n?" Asked Eren.

Y/n had never heard her name roll off Eren's tongue before. Her name rolled off effortlessly and with a hint of character behind it.

"I um.. I'm not really sure." She replies.

"Well, it's Friday. We technically have two days.. Wanna come by my place? We could get started." 

"Uh sure." She smiled.

Eren smiled back, tearing a piece of paper off Y/n's notebook. 

"W-what's this?" She looks up at him.