Chapter 12

The police walked out the front door, the one male police sending his condolences for the loss of a friend and concluding that it was an accident according to medical professionals. Everybody started leaving and telling Eren that the party was fun regardless. Y/n's friends hugged her and walked out saying bye to Eren and all that was left was Eren and Y/n.

Y/n went upstairs to be alone, tears still in her eyes and looking annoyed that he was not caught. Eren closed and locked the door, saw the cops out, and then went upstairs. Y/n was sitting on a chair with a gloomy look.

"Y/n?" Eren calls out to her.

Y/n doesn't look his way, she continues to look down toward her hands.

"Why are you upset?"

"What kind of question is that? You know why I'm upset." Y/n replies.

"Did you like him or something?"

"No."

"Then the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You. You're what's wrong with me."

"What? You don't actually believe I killed the guy do you?" Eren questions.

"Yes, I do."

"Then, why are you here? You're not scared of me?"

"No." Y/n looked at him in the eye.

"Why not? Usually when somebody is accused of murder, they're scared of that person."

"Because, I'm the thing you killed for."

With that sentence, Y/n got up and walked away. She went into a guest room and closed the door behind her. Eren sighed, giving a light smirk before going back downstairs. 

The next day Eren woke up on the couch, he got up rubbing his face to wake himself further while groaning, and went to go check on Y/n. After opening the guest bedroom door, he realized she wasn't there and had already left. Eren has to return the keys to the Airbnb today, so he gathers his belongings and leaves. While locking up, he noticed a 1995 Honda Accord sitting outside on the street. It was green and the windows were tinted a bit but the sun's glare made it hard to see what was going on in the vehicle. He thought nothing of it and left in his car.

Back in the dormitories, he pulled up at Y/n's building. When he started walking into the building, he heard a car turn off. Turning around he saw the same green Honda Accord sitting in the parking lot, this time with a window rolled down and somebody obviously holding a cigarette. Eren thought to walk up to the vehicle, but his main concern was finding out where Y/n was being as she didn't wake him nor did she leave him any texts. He went up to her door and knocked once before it opened.

"Oh.. Eren. What are you doing here?" Y/n said while stepping out with a bag.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? Where did you go?"

"I clearly went home Eren."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It didn't cross my mind."

"Well, I see you're still mad." 

"Mad about what?" She put a backpack strap on one shoulder. "There's nothing to be mad about."

"Hmm."

Y/n moved around Eren and started walking down the stairs to the exit.

"Where are you going?"