Chapter 1

TW: SLIGHT MENTION OF ED

Reece's PoV:

Today is my first day at the nursery, I don't know why Siobhan insisted I worked here, but hopefully it means I can get close with aut again and hopefully make some new friends. But out of everyone, one person caught my eye. Not in a romantic way or anything, but when I saw her I just felt the need to care and protect her. It was almost like she was my daughter from another universe. This person was the bubbly 17 year old apprentice that was sent over here to cover. I'm not sure what her name is, but I'm sure I'll find out. I was sat in my office enjoying the peace for once just thinking to myself about how I could get closer to aut. I miss her loads and I wish she knew the truth, but could I break her like that? I had to eventually, I couldn't live with my little sister hating me! But how could I? No ones going to react to the past 20 years of their life has been a lie? My thoughts were stopped when I was abruptly interrupted by a squeaky voice. It was the apprentice from earlier. That strange feeling came back when I saw her, the desperate urge to protect her. Maybe she could help me take my mind of aut. Plus I want to know more about her and what it is that makes me feel the need to care and protect her even though this is my first time properly meeting her. That's when the bubbly teen spoke, the words escaping her mouth like floorboards creaking but she sounded sweet. "Hey I'm from the sister nursery, Marjorie sent me over here to cover. I'm called Carly." She seemed very energetic, happy and sweet. She reminded me of Mia when she was younger, you know before prom and all. I don't know why Mia changed after prom, but when I started realising that I saw people I cared for in the squeaky teen that's when I knew, she reminded me of people from my childhood who I often needed to protect so I felt the urge to protect her. "Aren't you a little young to be working in a nursery? You look like you could blend in with some of the preschool kids." I joke with her, truth be told I do have a very funny side, but I don't let many people see that side of me. But around Carly it felt different, it felt like I could just be me without being judged. "Rude! I'm 17 and I'm only an apprentice!" She squeaks at me sounded slightly offended but in a joking way. "I'm joking I'm joking." I chuckle whilst saying back to her. "I just realised I just gave you a full introduction and I didn't even get a name off of you how is that fair!" She questioned me, with her voice getting higher with every word. "My names Reece." I say to her in a calm tone. I noticed she was looking at me very intensely. "You look a lot like Autumn, is she your-" I cut her off before saying, "Sister?" The teen nods but says, "She never mentioned that she had a brother, are you two not close?" I look down before I spoke, I weren't opening up to this random teen on my first day her even if I do feel some kind of strange bond between us. "Long story for another day, but short story we used to be close, something happened 20 years ago and we have hardly spoken once." I look back up at her and see a shocked look on her face, in her usual squeaky voice, which actually sounds a bit companionate she says to me, "I can't imagine how that must feel, are you okay?" I shrug at her, I'm not, I know I'm not. But I can't show a sign of weakness, but this girl, there's something about her, almost this tiny voice echoing from around her wishing to save others but in reality all she wants is for someone to do the same for her. That's just my gut feeling but let's hope I'm right. "Carly do you want to come to my office tomorrow for lunch so we can get to know each other a bit better as I got a text from Marjorie saying that you're going to be here for a bit." I say to her. I see a worried expression shoot across her face but she tried to hide it as best as she can, but I know that somethings wrong. I just hope that that same look isn't on my face. You see I'm still in recovery from my ED no thanks to my dad and find it tough eating around others since I like controlling my food portions, but I'll try my best and I just hope that that's not the case for her. As she's so young and she doesn't deserve to go through something like that so young as I know the affects that can have on someone. She agrees to lunch tomorrow and I change her lunch schedule to the same as mine and she heads back into the toddler room for the remainder of the day. I hope this goes well!

Hey, not sure what I think of this but I love Reece and Carly's relationship so much as they're so sweet and they are just going to get closer and closer by chapter. There will also be mentions of prom, Mia, Marjorie and Aut, but I will try and keep the focus on Reece and Carly. I don't know if I'm ready to start posting again, but we'll see.