04 - Princess Kidnapping

The Royal Capital of the Midgar Kingdom welcomes the sea of morning sunlight. A million citizens worked their daily days, actions droning the city with noises.

Tatsumi Kagenou, now 15 years old, steps onto the crowded train after exiting his dormitory that's off-campus. Generally known, there was a dormitory, albeit an expensive and lavish one, near the academy. However, social class disparity separated nobles with high and lower status and placed them either the near dormitory or off-campus. His sister lives in the rich dormitory, and while he, sharing equal status and ability alongside her, chose to be off-campus.

This is due to many reasons, mainly to not dealing with the high stuck-up nobilities and their arrogance. Another is to avoid attraction or even the slightest suspicion from those who might question his motives or background, have more freedom and flexibility to carry out solo missions without being monitored by peers, and mingle with the commoners easily to help him in his work.

The bell rings loudly, signaling the train's departure from the station. Tatsumi was grabbing a handle when the doors closed, narrowly shutting two hysterical students in, one blond and the other almost bald.

The train took off into the so-called most prestigious Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy. One of the leading magic swordsman academies on the continent, gathering talents from both inside and outside of the country, and his school.

In the two months that he'd been here, Tatsumi deliberately maintained his academic grades average, when he could've just scored them perfectly, and be honored enough to be transported to the upper class dormitory.

For the duration of the next five months, Tatsumi upheld a low profile and neutral reputation to avoid drawing rivalries and hostility from others by gathering information and intelligence from libraries. Off-campus, he communicated with other associations to receive updates and prepared his weapons in his free time.

"—wish they'd let us live in the dorms on campus like all upper-class kids."

Tatsumi mused his thoughts. Out of all the students, the blond and the bald are the loudest. Everyone is ignoring them as if it were a daily thing.

"212th day of school." Tatsumi sighs in dismay.

When the train reaches the Royal Academy, Tatsumi escapes the tight mob in the vehicle and the crowd disperses. Most people are heading toward the main entrance where classes would begin.

The academy itself is extravagant, with a layout of the dormitory, cafeteria, laboratory, gymnasium, library, arena, auditorium, and infirmary.

Male students wear a navy blue jacket with gold accents over a white shirt, a tie, blue trousers, and shiny shoes. While females wore plaid-pattern-skirt white dresses, blue waist belts, similar navy-blue jackets with gold accents, ties, and knee-high heel boots.

The principal and the assistant Lutheran had overdone the texture of the academy, every tile and glass shining with no dirt in sight.

Tatsumi continued heading towards the main entrance to start his first classes to proceed with his day and then resume his assassin duties in lunch when his eyes caught a small throng of students surrounding a miniature campus garden.

Their main attention lies on a guy on his knees dignifyingly holding a bouquet towards a girl standing callously.

"Oh no." Tatsumi thought, feeling instant pity for the guy. Situations like this happen way too many times in the noble community it's almost a headache. Especially, with what will happen afterward because of who the girl itself.

Alexia Midgar, is not just a noble student, but one with the highest status due to her last name and bloodline, Midgar. Sharing the same name as the kingdom, she is the second princess, and younger sister of Iris Midgar, the first princess.