Chapter 15 || The Ache

"she had an accident." mrs park says, standing up from her daughter's side as she makes her way to her husband, near mr and mrs kim. taehyung is the one to quickly squeeze himself past the elders and approach aria. she shifts on the bed, glancing at yoona, who instantly helps her sit straight.

"god, how did this happen?" taehyung asks, concern dripping from his words. aria, however, refuses to speak, keeping her head low, tears still pooling her eyes.

"another car hit her at the signal. it wasn't that big, but she wasn't wearing the seat belt so, it ended up with some injuries." mr park answers for aria, smiling sadly, as if he wasn't the one because of whom she's sitting here in a hospital bed with a cast on her arm, bandages wrapped around her forehead and even on her waist, which isn't showing due to her shirt. there are bruises on her face, including the largest one below her left eye, just on the cheeck bone and another one close to her jaw.

"you should be careful, baby." taehyung sighs, sitting on the bed and wraps his arms around her. he notices her stiffening with his touch, trying to pull away, making him apologize instantly. "i'm sorry, did i hurt you?"

"no no, it's fine." mrs park says, "we'll leave you two alone. please talk some sense into her, taehyung. she's so careless."

taehyung smiles a little, watching as the parents leave the room. yoona and jimin, glance at aria, before accepting that they have to leave too. now it's just aria and taehyung, which also makes her wonder where jungkook might be.

"is it hurting a lot?" taehyung asks and aria nods. "i'm so sorry, ari, that i can't help you. i wish i could take all your pain away."

"it's okay," she hushes out, lifting up her gaze and risks it again, "where's jungkook?"

"he's on his way. i called him soon after dad told me about your accident. he was out for some work dad told him yesterday."

"what?" aria frowns.

"yeah. what happened?"

she looks down again, shaking her head, not understanding any of it. so, jungkook didn't actually run away from his house? and if he did, then why does taehyung know his whereabouts? why has taehyung spoken to him, while aria couldn't? she rests back against the cushioned headboard of the bed, blinking her tears away, humming and nodding occasionally to whatever taehyung said, responding with minimal effort, which he doesn't seem to mind considering that she's hurt.

her trail of thoughts is interrupted when the door opens and there's jimin, checking on aria with an unsure gaze. he moves aside, and jungkook rushes inside, however, taehyung's presence makes him collect his act together. he clears his throat, staring at aria with a soft gaze, panting as though he had ran a marathon.

aria nibbles on her lip, tears flowing from her eyes at the sight of her boyfriend, wanting to leave the bed and hug him tightly. she shifts in her place, about to get down, but the next words from jungkook, make her stop.

he's acting like they didn't just run away two moons ago.

"how did you get in an accident? i was at the company when hyung told me." he says, staying beside taehyung, unseeing the look of confusion and betrayal in aria's eyes as she stares at him.

jimin stands beside aria, rubbing her side gently, making her look up at him, dropping the tears she's been holding. the brother leans down, closing his eyes and hugs her tightly. "i know it hurts... i understand." jungkook says in a soft voice, earning an instant glare from jimin.

"you don't. nobody does."

taehyung hums at that, agreeing with jimin's words, "right. we can't possibly imagine how much aria's hurting right now. but, i'm happy she can go home today itself. home is always a better place to recover than a hospital room."