Enemies on the Battlefield, Lovers in Reality (TFP OPTIMUS X MEGATRON)

I'm back with another one-shot!

This was requested by: nebula_Prime24

(AUTOBOT BASE) Optimus's Room

Optimus was alone in his room. He kept getting distracted by his thoughts, for some reason they were on Megatron. Why was he thinking about the warlord, Optimus didn't know. But from the last battle, his processor always drifted to his once brother-in-arms.

"Megatron, why do I choose to fight you? Why can't we be together again?" Optimus thought to himself.

Little did he know, Megatron was thinking about the same thing.

(NEMESIS) Megatron's Room

Megatron kept thinking about Optimus, their last encounter, and what had happened. Starscream had shot a missile, and it was aimed directly at the Prime.

Megatron had blasted the missile when it was in the air, protecting Optimus from the attack.

"Why had I done that? Why did I do it to the bot I've been trying to offline for eons?" Megatron questioned.

He was never like this, he was merciless, brutal, and cruel. Not kind and caring like an autobot. Soundwave approached his berth room, and knocked on the door. When Megatron opened it, Soundwave clearly wanted to talk about the event which had happened today in the battlefield.

:Why---Did----You----Do it?: Soundwave asks through recordings.

"Soundwave, I think I may care for Optimus. I don't know why, but I felt like I had to protect him from the missile. I feel like if he dies, I would have no purpose to continue fighting in this war." Megatron replies.

:I----Will----Get----Knockout: Soundwave replies through more recordings.

Soundwave left to find Knockout, and Megatron was alone once again.

"Optimus, why are you like this? Before the war you were an innocent child, never harmed anyone or anything. Since the war, we  fought against each other. And every time I had the chance to kill you, I refused. Why must you make this so difficult Prime?" Megatron thought aloud.

Soon Soundwave came in with Knockout, and the cherry red medic brought in his supplies in case anything bad happens.

"Lord Megatron, Soundwave informed me about what happened on the field today. Do tell me why." Knockout say.

"I don't know why I protected Optimus, usually I would've let the missile hit him. But today was an exception. I couldn't stand to see him in pain once again, so I destroyed the missile. Starscream started to yell at me, but I think something is going on." Megatron says.

"While I'm not sure of this. But before Breakdown's death everyone knew that we love each other. It happened because we were once enemies, and Breakdown always protected me. If my theory is correct, then I think you two may love each other." Knockout replies.

"Pay no mind to it Knockout, I'll inform you of further situations, but keep this to yourself, or I will make your demise slow, and painful." Megatron threatens.

"Understood Lord Megatron." Was all Knockout said with a slight tinge of fear in his voice before leaving his berth room, and Soundwave quietly followed after. 

It was getting late, and then Megatron went into a deep recharge.

Megatron's Dream: Megs P.O.V

The relic was in my sights, but Autobots were in my way. When will they ever quit? The two-wheeler, and Scout attempted to hold me back, while Optimus got ahead with the relic.