𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 8

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𑁍-the tale of the runaway elf, [name] [lastname]. ft. laios touden.

part I - the butterfly effect.

"is this the only gold you have? this isn't even enough for a blade."

"that is all i have, correct."

"well scram then, you nasty rat!"

maybe i'm just stuck in a looping purgatory, because everywhere i go, i always get chased away.

i do not belong anywhere.

it stayed that way even before i was born. my mother told me that she had to beg for her life, because everyone wanted me gone, they all think i'm cursed.

they all believed i was nothing but bad news, an evil omen brought to the world to bring suffering to everyone. it was ridiculous, and it was all because of that damn demon.

that evil, wretched thing.

even as i ran away from my fate on that island and started a life in a new place, no one wanted me.

just like now, i was always chased away. always.

"that old man said i can get a good quality sword if i gave them my gold..."

[name] thought she'd find more luck in an unfamiliar place, where no one knew of her past.

but unfortunately for her, people are not that kind.

"new clothes... food... hmm, what else..."

she had been wandering around the island for a while, mindlessly following whatever the kind sailor taught her.

'buy food, find a place to live, get a job.'

it repeats in her head like a mantra, as if it's the only thing that she knows.

[name] never really knew what she wanted in life. she just follows what everyone tells her to, even if it actively harms her.

without anyone looking after her, the girl had grown filthy. she had a few scratches on her skin, from tripping on her own feet. she doesn't bother with treating her injuries. she hasn't taken a bath at all, simply doing as she was told.

because of that, many people mistook her for a beggar. a hobo that had nothing better to do than bother people.

some of them did find it weird though, to see an elf wandering around like a street beggar.

she was lucky to have reached this far without being taken advantage of.

well, actually... that didn't last long.