Ch.36: Meeting again

Before Harry could comprehend what the pictures showed, Love was gone without waiting for him to thank her, something he would surely do the next time she would see her. The nephilim had more photographs in her house. Most of the pictures she had with James, she was with him too; it was from the time they were dating and she didn't want Harry to have photographs of his father and his ex. She would keep those for herself only, but all the others would be better with the boy. He had a bigger need to have them than she did.

Harry treasured them like gold. Even at those first moments he held the photographs something in him felt softer. He climbed the stairs staring at him almost like how he stared at his children when they were born some years after that.

''What are those?'' Hermione asked in their room in Grimmauld Place when Harry finally came.

''Pictures of my father.'' Harry replied quietly and sat down on the floor next to Ron. Hermione was next to him in a second and the twins and Ginny around the three.

''Sirius gave them to you?'' Hermione asked.

''No, Love did.'' He said as he flipped the pictures again, some with his father Sirius, some with Remus, both or just him.

...

Love's plans were almost merciless when it came to Death Eaters. She definitely was a great exorcist and fighter.

Hermione admired the way she talked and how her body stance, voice tone and aura would change when she begun talking or listening about the Order's missions. The young witch wanted to be like that as well; brave, leader, intimidating. Love had actually noticed and she had a good impression of the Gryffindor girl. She was reminding her of herself at some things like wanting to do well at things she shouldn't be experiencing. So did Harry. Like his godfather, Harry was pleasantly impressed by Love and both of them wished she had come sooner. Mad Eye Moody regretted not agreeing to get her earlier.

The nephilim rested her back on the chair with a long sigh when the meeting was done. She had a headache again.

''Will you all stay for lunch?'' Mrs Weasley politely asked.

''I'll get going.'' Said Severus, getting up from his chair like a rabbit would jump from one place to another.

''Me too.'' Said Love, pushing her chair backwards. ''Good evening.'' She wished when she got up.

''Are you sure you won't stay?'' Molly asked when no one else did and when the two adults took steps around the table towards the exit.

''Yes, I think I should take some rest.'' Love replied.

''Are you feeling alright?'' Sirius asked.

''Yes, just a headache. I have an exorcist mission to plan, I have a lot on my mind.''

''And it's not so easy to clear your head without James in your arms, is it?'' Severus added out of the blue. Love, Sirius and Remus's heads snapped at the Hogwarts professor who kept a blank expression. ''You didn't tell them you were James' first girlfriend?'' He mock-innocently asked with his eyebrows raised. ''My bad.'' He said before leaving calmly as Harry didn't know how to react. He liked Love, but he had this beautiful image of his parents and no other woman was in that picture.

Love shrugged it off soon enough. ''It's not a big deal, it was years ago.'' She said and casually walked out of the big house. You see, first relationships tend to be remembered since they were the first ones especially when it was the only one. Love never had a boyfriend after James, only flings when she was feeling like it. The sudden remembrance had her mind bring everything onto the surface again. James was very young when he died and with a baby son he just adored. He deserved better.

''My father and Love dated?'' Harry asked his godfather when the nephilim closed the door behind her.

Sirius Black nodded. ''It didn't last long, though. It was more like an infatuation. Your father loved your mother before he even learnt how to love himself.'' Partially, he was right. James did love Lily since always and until the end.

Love was an infatuation that grew into love, the second part of this however, Sirius chose not to tell to the young lad. He chose to never tell Harry about it. Or about his mother's thoughts of his potions professor. What did it matter fourteen years after their deaths?

For Love it didn't, but when she got home, she felt the need to let some of her flames cover her. Her demon heart wasn't inside the Kurikara anymore; she could control her fire. Whenever she didn't want to let emotions get her, she would let some flames on her body, mostly on her hair so she would feel their warmth on her head and calm down. Not once had it not worked.

The next time Love saw Harry Potter was at an Order meeting a few days before Hogwarts. Sirius laughed at a memory he shared with the others. ''Those were times.'' He had finished with. ''That's why you should make the most of your years in Hogwarts; things are more carefree then.'' Harry listened to his godfather's advice and tried to have some more fun and even share a kiss with the girl he fancied. That was until the end of the year, when Sirius died. The war had become much worse after that, when Voldemort made an appearance in the Ministry and then when Death Eaters took over the Ministry and soon enough attacked Hogwarts. That was when Love died. She felt a weird pain at her side and felt herself falling to the floor. When she opened her eyes everything around her was white and bright; even more when she sat up.

"Love." A man called out. The nephilim looked at that direction and saw her adoptive father staring at her with tears in his eyes. "You came early." He said as he let tears fall and opened his arms wide to embrace her. The woman run to him like when she was a child.

"I missed you, dad." She cried.

"I missed you too, Love. You fought so bravely." He said and kissed her forehead. "Come on. Let's go."

Father and daughter walked together to the other side. It looked no different than what Love had seen on Earth, but everything had a more peaceful feeling. They walked to what looked like their house, but without the monastery building around it. Love sat there for long, just to enjoy the peace and quiet she rarely had until she heard a man call her name. Turning around, she saw James who was smiling and looked like a day hadn't passed. The nephilim got up and exclaimed his name in surprise as she reached him for a hug. It was a bummer he had died so young.

"I'm sorry you're here." He said, taking in the vanilla scent of her black hair. Pulling out from the hug, he stared at her face and noticed the scars she didn't have before. "Thank you for taking care of Harry. I saw everything." He smiled.

"He's a great kid. He deserves everything."

James smiled proudly. He was not getting tired of hearing this from everyone. The man held Love's hand and a little bit more his lips arched up. ''Thank you.''

The black haired woman lived in peace like she always wanted and actually got bored of it quite soon. Her little adventures in her next life were the pranks Levi, Sirius and James were pulling at her and all the times her heart begun beating faster for James again. Apparently it was meant to be, but not in the world of the living. Both Love and James would rather thousands of times more to have lived together while alive, but they had to work with whatever they had and the work they did was amazing. A doe and a stag.

THE END

Thank you for reading!!! <3 ^^