AKSHARA

Tick! Tick! That's what I can hear right now in this room filled with silence

Tick! Tick! That's what I can hear right now in this room filled with silence. I have been dressed up like a bride.

The make up artists have covered my pimples on the face but what abt the scars on my heart. Can it be healed or covered at least? Though my face is covered inside the veil the tears in my eyes are not being covered with anything.

Maybe this is my destiny. Maybe this is my preparation to be strong in the upcoming exam of my life. Please Kanha ji!! Make me strong enough to fight the demons in my way. I don't ask you to not give problems or hurdles at all in my life. I just ask you to make me stronger for those hurdles.

With these all thoughts battling inside me, I wanted someone to hug me tightly and whisper sweet words to soothe me. Hey Kanha! Please send someone, at least for this task.

Then suddenly the door of my room got opened and here enters my mother and grandmother. Without any second thought, I went and hugged them both tightly in a bone crashing hug. They too hugged me back with the same strength.

The tears in their eyes were a mix of emotions. Both happy and sad. Releasing me from the hug my mother said "Hayee! Kitni badi ho gayi hai meri bachi."
(How big has my daughter become)

"We all dreamed big about your wedding but trust us we didn't want to happen it in this way. You also know right now both the families have no other option. Even though the family is sweet if they cause you a single harm, come to your home straight. We will see the end of them." This time it was my grandmother who said with little emotions and more firmness in her voice.

I couldn't help but thank God for giving me such a wonderful family whom I will be leaving within few hours. Crying I hugged them both again. As we continued our emotional drama my father came and told me to come down to the mandap.

Now fear starts engulfing me. With slow steps I move towards the mandap with few girls god knows who beside me. Gathering some courage, I glance towards the mandap.

There stand the most hot and handsome man ever in his cream colour sherwani staring deep into my soul. How can someone look so dashing in both traditionals and westerns ?? As I reach the mandap, I find it hard to climb the steps infront of me.

Sensing my trouble he forwards his hand towards me. Feeling grateful, I take his help and climb up the mandapa and sat down. Being a replaced groom even his face is covered with a pagad attached with some lines.

"Why both the faces of bride and groom and covered??" asked someone from the guests. They don't have any other work except finding fault in all the things.

"It's a ritual in our family." answers my uncle back with no sense of guilt or shame in his voice after this much. Soon the wedding mantras started filling around us.

••••••••••••
Soon the wedding and other rituals got finished and it was time for my Vidhai. Unknowingly tears start brimming up in my eyes. I began hugging everyone in the family.