Chapter one - The arrival

Rain fell around you, the harsh punishment from your transgressions you guessed. The metallic smell of blood clinged to you like a parasite, your limping splattering the puddles, your body heavy and aching from before.

Not like you didn't deserve it… but you had to. For Cotton. The rain continued hitting your body, the chill of the night freezing you up to your heart. Not like you needed anymore.

You knew that Uncle was rash, you knew the moment you found that cute puppy on the road abandoned that it could only end badly for you. But you just couldn't leave it there couldn't you. So you pick it up and bring it home to nurse it back to health. Uncle had not been pleased for the third mouth to feed but you didn't care. The cute little bundle of floof that was Cotton brought you joy even if you one day would have to let him go to a better family.

Each day you would do your chores, work more part time and do everything so you could support him. Uncle refused to help as he saw him as a waste of money. But you knew better, Cotton was your light in your life. He was there when uncle stole your money for booze. He was there for the days where you were too hungry to even move. He was there for every time You needed comfort after Uncle yelled at you.

Cotton was special.

But you knew. You knew it was so good to be true.

One day you arrived at your house, yet you couldn't find Cotton. You looked everywhere but he was nowhere. Nowhere! He was your life, you couldn't lose him. You were about to resign asking your uncle until you smelled a strong dizzying scent coming from the bathroom. your hands shook slowly approaching the pummel of the door. Your breath got caught on your throat, slowly opening the door to reveal a gruesome sight.

The pain, the heavy smell of iron and decay, the thick sticky liquid splattered around the normally porcelain room. It was disgusting and at the center of hell. Why? Why was it there? No. Baby. You needed to protect him.

You went to see him closer, the remains of broken bones poking outside of his skin. The broken shell of what he once was. You could hear him asking you. Why? Why weren't you there to protect him? You useless monster.

And he would be right… but you were not going to let it be true enough after all. You needed to silence the one that silenced him. For being “Too Loud”.

It had been gruesome, his sticky, sweaty carcass struggling to gather strength after its neck was slashed but it was okay. You had silenced it. Now on your own, you walked the silent night of the city not with a direction in particular. Your heavy tired steps on the puddles filling your ears. The cold smell of wet soil filling your nostrils. What did you even have to live for anymore? Cotton was gone. Forever.

In your daze, you looked up and found yourself in a nostalgic spot. The closed down Indigo park. You had not thought about this place in forever.

You remembered loving this place with your parents, having fun on the rides, hugging your Rambley plush. Those were easier times, times before the Carcass.

You stepped close to the gate, it seemed turned off, no matter whether the employee area seemed open or at least somewhat open; you did have to push the metal gate up after all. After stepping inside the dilapidated room there was an intense smell of humidity, the place seemed like it hadn't been checked in decades not even by scalpers or urban explorers. This place would do fine to shield yourself for the rain.

“Hello and Welcome to indigo-!” You jumped the sudden sound of the TV turning on, falling on your Back.

“Oh i’m sorry if i startled you i’m Rambley the Racoon and you are our first guest since-” the raccoon, Rambley, seemed to glitch out? You didn't know what was happening.

“-but we’ll definitely bring you the most joyous experience so please go register at the registration center there!”

You blinked at the screen, the Racoon was still there expectantly. For your part you decided to get up and walked towards the small computer that lit up. The Cute little Racoon appeared again, the webcam light turning on as he spoke.

“Well let's see what we have… here… oh- it seems that-” he glitched “-you don't look okay. You look-”

You took a step back, this… was not automated? Who was talking to you? They could see the blood on you?! Your breath started to speed up, knots forming on your throat as your mind went a mile a minute.

“i-it 's okay!” the creature on the screen glitched. “You are safe. You’ll be fine. The park is a safe place.” Your eyes began to focus again. “You are safe, you are okay.” you took a deep breath, then another and another. The creature on the screen guides you step by step throughout the whole process. Over some time you manage to introduce each other. His name was Rambley the racoon. Now that you think about it, you saw him in those rare opportunities where you watched tv. He had a tv show? And a lot of commercials.

Apparently he was an AI and kind of urged you to move around and explore the park. Kind of treating you as a guest here. You would have refused but… you didn't have anywhere else to live right now.