1. The Night Everything Changed

Alison Dilaurentis had never been a good influence on Victoria Marin

Alison Dilaurentis had never been a good influence on Victoria Marin. Victoria had always seen Ali as someone to look up to, someone she wanted to be. That was until she actually became friends with her. Victoria was hit with the realization that Alison was manipulative and toxic, but she would never say those things out loud because, deep down, she had a soft spot for her so-called friend. Alison learned to use those qualities against Victoria and her friends, turning their deepest, darkest secrets against them to ensure they would never turn against her. Alison was truly the glue that held their friendship together, but they wouldn't realize that until the night she went missing and never returned.

Victoria had been enjoying her night so far. She and her friends—Emily, Aria, Spencer, and her sister Hanna—were sharing spiked drinks as they awaited the arrival of their fifth friend, Alison. Just as Spencer took a drink, the power suddenly cut off, and thunder boomed outside.

"Whoa, what happened?" Emily questioned.

"It must be the storm," Spencer replied.

As the girls turned on their flashlights and started lighting candles, a loud creak echoed through Spencer's barn. "Something's out there," Aria whispered. The barn door slowly creaked open, causing all the girls to stand up and huddle together while Aria pointed her flashlight at the door. As they cautiously approached, the sound of glass breaking made all the girls scream. The rustling of leaves outside sent a shiver up Victoria's spine. The next second, Alison jumped into view of the girls, shouting, "Gotcha!" and causing them to jump back in fear.

Alison laughed as she stepped into the barn. "That's so not funny, Alison," Spencer said, starting to laugh.

"I thought it was hilarious, girlfriend," Alison replied, as the other girls joined in the laughter. "Ali, did you download the new Beyoncé?" Hanna asked as they retook their seats on the couches.

"Oh, not yet," Alison said.

"I'm loving her new video," Emily said with a smile, shifting in her seat.

"Maybe a little too much, Em," Alison teased, smirking at her. The girls laughed, except for Victoria, who looked sadly at Emily.

Alison picked up a red cup and handed it to Aria with a sly smile. "Your turn," she said. Aria reached forward, grabbed the cup, and with a small smile, chugged some of the drink, causing the girls to laugh.

"Be careful, Aria. Drink too much, and you'll tell us all your secrets," Spencer warned, making everyone laugh.

"Friends share secrets. That's what keeps us close," Alison said, smiling and looking around at the girls before telling Aria, "Drink up," making them all laugh again.

Some time later, Victoria was awakened by a push on her leg. As she sat up and looked around, she suddenly realized two of them were missing. "Where's Ali and Spencer?" she said aloud while rubbing her eyes.

"We don't know," Aria replied, shaking her head. Aria stood up, walking toward the barn door, with Victoria close behind her. A figure appeared, walking towards them.

"Ali?" Aria called out.

"She's gone," Spencer said as she got closer.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Aria asked with disbelief.

"I've looked everywhere for her. I think I heard her scream," Spencer continued, worry evident on her face. The girls looked around in shock, trying to make sense of the situation.

---

First chapter done!!