Chapter Six

Part Three

Kamel showed the text to Vince, who frowned. "It could be a trap, but we need to investigate. Let's go."

At midnight, they arrived at the old warehouse, their hearts racing with anticipation. Inside, they found a figure in the shadows.

"Who are you?" Kamel demanded.

The figure stepped forward, revealing a shocking identity. "It's me, Sarah."

Kamel's eyes widened in disbelief. "You? But...but you betrayed us!"

Sarah's expression was torn. "I know. I'm sorry. But I was blackmailed. Someone has something on me, and I had no choice."

Vince's eyes narrowed. "Who is it?"

Sarah hesitated, then spoke the words that would change everything: "It's Emily."

Kamel's jaw dropped. "Emily? But she just saved our lives!"

Sarah's eyes filled with tears. "I know. She's been playing us all along. She's the mastermind behind the heist, and she's been using us to get what she wants."

Kamel's mind reeled as he tried to process the betrayal. He thought back to all the times Emily had been around, all the times she had gained their trust. He felt a wave of anger wash over him.

"We need to confront her," Vince said, his voice cold.

Kamel nodded, his heart racing with anticipation. The final showdown was about to begin.

Kamel and Vince approached Emily, their faces stern and accusatory. "Emily, we need to talk," Kamel said, his voice firm.

Emily looked up, a hint of surprise on her face. "What's going on?"

Vince crossed his arms. "Sarah told us everything. We know you're the mastermind behind the heist."

Emily's expression changed, a sly smile spreading across her face. "Ah, Sarah. Always so quick to betray others."

Kamel's eyes narrowed. "You used us. You manipulated us into helping you."

Emily shrugged. "I did what I had to do to get what I wanted. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

Vince's face turned red with anger. "You're going down, Emily. You're going to pay for what you've done."

Emily laughed, a cold, calculating sound. "I don't think so. You see, I have insurance. Something that will keep me safe from prosecution."

Kamel's eyes locked onto Emily's, his mind racing. What could she possibly have that would protect her from the law?

"Let's hear it," Vince growled.

Emily smiled again, this time with a hint of triumph. "I have evidence of your own wrongdoing, Kamel. Evidence that will send you to prison for a very long time."

Kamel's heart skipped a beat. What was Emily talking about? He knew he had done some questionable things in the past, but he had never thought they would come back to haunt him like this.

"You wouldn't dare," Vince said, his voice low and menacing.

Emily's smile grew wider. "Oh, but I would. And I will, unless you do exactly what I say."

Kamel and Vince exchanged a look, their minds racing with the implications. They knew they had to get out of this situation, but they had no idea how.

"I'm not afraid of you, Emily," Kamel said, trying to sound confident. "You're not going to blackmail us into doing your bidding."