secret. | joão félix

Title: secret. | joão félix
Author: meggsxoo
Description: # do you keep it a secret ?
y/n was never a huge football fan, she didn't follow the sport, she didn't root for any teams, she didn't swoon over the players. But when her best friend's twin introduces y/n to his friend, everything changes, and she ends up falling head over heels for non other than the portugese golden boy; joão félix.
Rating: 8/10

➽───────❥

This was and has still been the only story where I was reading it WHILE the author actively updating chapters. I miss reading books like this because it's so fun waiting for a new chapter to post. I would literally be so excited when I got a notification that she published a new part. But then again, I'm also the kind of girl who would pull an all nighter just to binge read a really good fanfic. (Which I've done before for several books)

This was one of the first fanfics I read when I really started getting into wattpad.

To be completely honest, I almost gave up on this book after the first chapter because the way she writes was just NOT my thing.

She wrote in all lowercase and used abbreviations when characters were talking, I was so frustrated you have no idea. But at the time, that was one of the only João Félix fanfics on wattpad, so basically it was this or nothing.

I'm so happy I stuck with it though, because it ended up becoming one of my favorite fanfics on this app.

The plot kinda jumped all over the place, and some of it didn't really flow, but the overall structure of the story was good.

The only reason I gave it an 8/10 is cause her style of writing is not exactly up to standard. For others it's probably fine, but unfortunately I'm extremely picky about people's writing on this app. Your story could have the best storyline ever, but if you write everything in a singular paragraph, I'm gone.

But other than that, I absolutely loved this book. The characters and plot were amazing, and everything else was just perfect.

I was in a state of post-world-cup-depression when I started reading this story, so it definitely helped me crawl out of that hole. However, I think I'm always gonna be going through football withdrawals until 2026 comes around (🇧🇷 🇵🇹 🇪🇸).

Overall, secret. was a great book. I definitely didn't think that when I first started reading it, but it grew on me, and sometimes style of writing and quality of work isn't everything.

Some people may reject it, some may love it, it all depends on the community of people it reaches. But as long as you love what you do and do it the best you can, the rest will follow.

If you have any João Félix X Reader recs please comment here <33