CHAPTER 3

Akshita's pov

When mom called me while I was in London to come home I was contemplating my decision to come here but as soon as dad called I felt a sudden surge to come here and be in dad's warmth and never leave but in my life everything is temporary no one stays forever.

3 Days ago

The setting is a cozy apartment in a bustling city. I was sitting at the dining table, surrounded by the warm glow of evening light filtering through the window. Suddenly my phone rang, and I saw a familiar number on the screen. I took a deep breath and answered.
"Hello?" I said hesitantly

"Akshita, beta, is that you?" I heard his voice cracking

"Papa? It's been so long. How are you?"

"I'm doing well, How are you? How's life in the city?"

"I'm good, Papa. Work is busy, but it's going well. It's really good to hear your voice."

He paused like he was gathering the courage to say

"Akshita, there's something important I need to tell you. Your mother and me... we want you to come home".

"what is it, Papa? Is everything okay?" my heart was pounding really fast i imagined all the worst-case scenarios

"Yes, everything is fine. In fact, it's better than fine. Your marriage has been arranged, and we would like you to come home for the ceremony."

as soon as I heard those words I felt my world crashing down

"My marriage? But... I haven't heard from you in five years, and now this?"

"I know, akshita. We've made mistakes, and I regret the distance that has been built between us. But this marriage, it's a good match. The family is kind, and the boy is well-educated. We've thought about this a lot."

" Papa, you can't just expect me to drop everything and come back for a marriage I had no say in."

" I understand, Akshita. I truly do. But I miss you, and I want to see you happy. This is my way of trying to make things right, to bring our family back together. Will you at least consider it? Come home and meet him. If it's not what you want, we'll understand."

" Papa, I... I don't know. It's so sudden."

" Just come home. Let us talk, face to face. I've missed you so much."

"Okay, Papa. I'll come. But we need to talk about everything, not just the marriage"

"Thank you, akshita. That's all I ask. We'll talk about everything. I promise."

" I'll see you soon, Papa."

"See you soon."

As I hung up, I felt a mix of emotions—confusion, and anxiety, but also a glimmer of hope. I looked outside the window, the city lights twinkling as I contemplated the journey ahead and the long-awaited reunion with my family.

AT THE MANSION
Standing in front of the house all I could imagine was how things would have been if I never left from here would it have been good or bad, moving forward I noticed the ground on which I used to play with Nani talking about Nani she was the only one who would understand me and my problems we used to talk about boys and she would tell me that ill have a handsome and caring husband like nana was, nana would bring us each a sunflower and say "You guys are my sunflower, always turning towards the light, bringing warmth and brightness into my life even on the cloudiest days". The love both of them had for each other was insane also did I tell u that Nana would call Nani his sunflower because she had the warmest smiles of all time it was good when they were here but things started to get worse when they left me alone here. nani died 10 years ago I was barely 17 and after 1 year Nana also died I could not believe how my life took a 360-degree turn in just a year. I could never imagine living without them. They gave me the love my own parents lacked. Tears started to flow from my eyes and it was the first time in a year that I had cried out in the open but I wiped them as I saw a familiar figure coming towards me.

"Akshita, beta, it's good you came. We need to talk."

"Can u please show your fake concern to someone else who would appreciate it stop wasting my time I am here just to meet Papa"

I saw her smile fading and she started to cry though I did not like her but after all, she was my mom so all I could ask was

"is everything ok?"

"No, Akshita, everything is not okay. Your father... his health is deteriorating rapidly."

"What? Papa is sick? Why didn't you tell me sooner? What's wrong with him? I talked to him a few days back he sounded ok"

"The doctors say it's his heart. They aren't sure how much longer he has. He keeps asking for you, beta. We needed you to come home."

"Oh my God, Ma. I can't believe this. I would have come sooner."

"And there's something else, Akshita. We want to see you settled before... before anything happens to your father. There's a good match we've found for you. It would make your father so happy to see you married."

"I know that he told me about the marriage but Ma, this is a lot to process. I need to see Papa first. We can talk about marriage later."

"Akshita, you have to understand. This is what your father wants. He doesn't have much time. If you care about him at all, you'll respect his wishes."

"Ma, why are you pushing this now? I need to be with Papa, not thinking about marriage. Can't you see how hard this is for me?"

"It's because we love you, Aisha. We want the best for you. And this marriage is a good match. Your father will be at peace knowing you're taken care of. Please, just meet him."

"First of all you don't love me neither do I, i am here just for Papa not for you I'll discuss things with Papa and make my decision"

"I hope u think of your father's emotions"

Saying this she went inside and saw her retreating figure i could only imagine the trauma she had been giving me all these years and now she has suddenly become so sweet I wondered how. I had some bitter thoughts about it it could be that she was lying about the health condition I need to find out.
-----------------------------❤️---------------------------
Hey guys so here is the third chapter of kaisa yeh ishq hai tell me in the comments did u like it or not also this is the longest chapter I have ever written so show some love by voting for the chapters.
Follow my instagram I'd for spoilers and edits
----- @aurtsam